Customer reviews

on 30 May 2016
I have read the Owl Who Was afraid of the Dark with my Year 2 children, and that book is one of my all time favourite children's stories. I am a primary school teacher, and so was keen to use this book for my year 2 children, however it disappoints on many levels. The plot is virtually non-existent, the characters are shallow and my kids became bored very quickly. There are some interesting facts about gorillas entered into the text via cursory comments. If you have not read The Owl WHo was Afraid of the Dark, then you really should. It is suitable, in my opinion for kids up to 11, but avoid this book and don't let it put you off this author.
on 6 January 2013
I purchased this at Christmas for my grandson then age 8 and he really enjoyed reading this well written book.
on 5 July 2017
My friends two little boys love this.
Arrived quickly
on 1 January 2012
This book was the first of this length for my son to read from cover to cover by himself ... it was so good he didn't stop until he'd read the whole book in one sitting. Up until then it had been hard work getting him interested in reading anything longer than a couple of pages so this really was a major breakthrough. He laughed out loud and read bits out to me so that I could laugh too. We went on to get the whole series. All great, but soft spot for this one.
on 8 May 2001
A very enjoyable book, often funny that looks at the changing life stages through the eyes of a young male gorilla (Pongo). He learns about the differing roles of his family and the community in which he lives. Through play with his young sister (Whoopsie) and his friends he finds his future role in life which is to be the leader of the gorilla troop. A story that could be about any family with growing children in Britain today, that young children both enjoy reading and having read to them.
on 12 May 2013
My son loves Jill Tominsons books! She is a great author. This book about the gorilla who wants to be just like his dad like many boys! So they can relate to it.
on 3 January 2014
The book was from "Santa" and was a gorilla obsessed 5y.o. The storyline so far has captivated him before bed and is the right kind of gentle plot for a bed time story. The 8 y.o. also enjoys listening in to find out what happens next to pongo and da, ma and whoopsie.
on 18 May 2017
my Grandaughter loves these books
on 13 June 2012
Of all the books in this series that we own, this is the one which is loved and re-read the most. Recommended.
on 28 August 2011
This is a lovely story for children. Bought it for my grandson who is reading full length stories now. The story is amusing and fun. It arrived well within delivery time, nicely packaged and in good condition.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse