on 15 June 2014
I bought these shorts because I needed a cargo short that better withstood the wear that comes from the various commutes that I make. I also liked the idea of having a little more comfort provided by the chamois and the option to remove the chamois as one does not like to be wearing a chamois all day.

Pros:
- The fabric seems to be very well suited to the task. It is also light, easy moving and quick drying. I bought Gore shorts as I hoped the fabric would be riding abrasion resistant and it is a bit early to judge that.
- The item has downward-facing zips so that the pockets won't open whilst riding.
- Construction and stitching seems to be well done.
- Fit is okay and item looks pretty good.
- I like the reflective detailing, but cannot judge as to its effectiveness.
- The chamois does it's required job, when riding.
- Pockets are quite large. One cargo pocket zip closure, the other cargo pocket velcro closure.

Cons:
- The chamois is attached to the mesh shorts liner which means that it is not flush with the body. This isn't really a problem when riding as the chamois is large and will cover the necessary areas. However, when off the bike it feels like one is wearing some form of weird adult diaper and pushes the front and back of the short in weird ways. Many reviewers have written of cutting the chamois down and I am considering doing that as well. I would say that the photo of the item is when it does not have the chamois inserted.
- The pulls for adjusting the waist are elastic and do not stay set in the clasps meant to hold them - they work loose, little by little over time. There are many superior methods of making an adjustable waist that they could have gone with. If you fit the shorts perfectly then these will be good, but if you don't then the adjustment mechanism is a design flaw.
- The cargo pockets are large, but when they have items in them (even quite small items) they bounce around quite a bit as one is riding. It's an annoyance more than an hindrance.
- I have stopped putting the chamois in as it is too weird when off the bike.

Overall, the shorts are okay. I would not pay this price again for them, but I probably would buy another pair if they were on sale / substantial discount as they look good enough when I'm not riding (My job requires smart-sport-casual with versatility and has a fair bit of commuting). The two big flaws are fit adjustment being inferior and the chamois cut/feel when off the bike.
on 15 June 2012
Very impressed with the quick delivery. The shorts are good quality. Lots of pockets. I am normally a large, bought xl which are perfect for a 36" waist. A very highly recommended product with a great service. BUY A SIZE BIGGER THAN NORMAL.....
on 19 July 2013
I bought these shorts for my son's birthday and he thinks they are great. Very comfortable and a great fit. He is a 32"-34" waist and found the large size fit perfectly.
on 8 April 2014
great shorts, lightweight and loose baggy fitting. My only complaint is I listened to other reviews advising ordering a bigger size! Wish I hadn't !
on 8 September 2013
Only started biking 7 weeks ago in normal shorts...
Just bought these and today just done 29 miles this morning these are worth every penny.
Good fit loads of pockets and soft inner pad to !! protect yr bits.
Glad i bought these as they are perfect for me.
on 3 December 2013
Very good product. I am ashamed to share it does not wrap my big beer belly but it is absolutely my beer problem. Just make sure of you waist dimension before buying. I hope I get slimmer for the summer ;)
on 18 June 2014
These are very good cycling shorts. I am too old to wear skin tight lycra but need the padded effect more than ever! These shorts are good looking and well made. Lots of pockets too.
on 5 June 2015
Great quality shorts, they have loads of pockets, nice and baggy and dry extremely quick. Been searching for a while for these, a real bargain price compared to a lot of sites.
on 17 October 2013
These are my first pair of padded bike shorts so wasn't sure what to expect. Quality is very good, material is light weight, lots of pockets and the waist band is adjustable which helped improve the fit, the padding really helps to improve comfort on the saddle and it's also removable just in case you want to wear them casually. Very pleased with my buy, would recommend to anyone.
on 3 August 2012
Shorts are comfortable fit really well ,the fit is loose and airy really good for wearing on a long ride . Well pleased with them ...

See one answered question