Customer reviews

Katerina is back for a sequel. After her adventures in "The Other Goose", Katerina is now living happily on her pond with Charlie and her goslings, when the water disappears. Millie Buswell is worried about where she is, but the local people are more concerned with fixing the pond. Meanwhile, the geese have wandered off in search of their new pond. As always, Judith Kerr tells a lovely story for children and everything works out wonderfully in the end. She is a superior author for children and the Katerina books are excellent as interesting and gentle bedtime stories.
My four year old son is very taken with this story. It has been the firm favourite for over a month now, which of course means my wife and I have read it at least once each day. The story is about a pond where Katerina the goose lives and one night all the water disapeers down a hole. Katerina and her goose family chase after it to try and find a new pond. Meanwhile, the human villagers gather round to refill the pond and a little girl, Millie Buswell, worries where Katerina has gone.

The story is unusual for a childrens book in that it has a dual narrative, like an adults book. One narrative is the geese looking for a new pond, and one is the villagers refilling the old pond. Of course there is a happy ending and a surprise, and maybe it is this my son loves so much.
on 5 May 2011
My 3.5 year old loves this - we have never had a 'bad' Judith Kerr book. They are not dumbed down, the pictures are beautiful and the storys lovely. My daughter engages with Katherina as she did Mog and the smaller little details that always run thru J. Kerr's books fascinates her - in this one the gosling who is always eating is a favourite. She was also thrilled to see pictures of a very Mog like cat through out. I've just found the first Katherina book - we've got them out of sequence - thrilled to find it I know it will be another favourite.
on 18 January 2017
We started off with Tiger who came to tea - such a fab story my 4 and 2 year old girls love it i so wanted to expand our JK collection. Goose in a hole very different story, perhaps it's a grower, tiger who came to tea such a hard act to follow.. girls like it but it's not quite up there yet..