on 30 April 2014
Bought this for a spare room and it regularly crashes, skips most of the recordings and is a general failure at doing what it is supposed to do
0Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 April 2017
Got this on a Black Friday deal. I wish I didnt. I've never been so frustrated at a product before in my life. It seems a promising idea until you've owned it for three days. Sadly we were busy and didn't sort the refund until it was too late.

It's the most awfully programmed thing I've ever had the displeasure of using and I would wholly recommend boycotting any of the Goodmans recorder boxes when there's frankly better things on the market.

It glitches at least once through a recording.
It randomly decides to turn itself off when using.
It'll decide to freeze frame at random intervals yet the sound will continue in the background indefinitely, or until unplugged.
The off button on the remote, well, it may as well be a 'perpetually on' button.
Series link seems to have no idea what series link is - it'll re-make whole folders of things for the odd episode.
You can't delete series' at once, you have to go through the agonising and time consuming effort of seeing things individually.
The sound output is very iratic and there's no consistency to the volume.

I wish I spent more and you will eventually too.
on 8 April 2017
Failed after just over 4months...tried all possible checks including another TV and HDMI cable...says no return but, under sale of goods act this is not , in my view, a legal statement.
on 9 December 2016
The AMAZON advert says

With a single scart sockets, set up and connection to your TV is straightforward using a SCART cable

However Goodmans seem to have dropped this for a single HDMI socket.

The supplier have been very understanding and will take it back.
on 28 February 2017
The only problem with this recorder is that it does not have any HDMI Socks the Scart clumsy. This is being flogged as an upgrade to the the old one, in fact its the the old one and supplier must indicate there are no HDMI on this Model. I would not have purchased it if I knew it had no HDMI.I feel cheated .
on 31 March 2016
I will NOT be buying this product again.
The picture continually stutters and its not the aerial as the built in freeview on the TV works fine.
It does not hold the Series links that I program and therefore I have missed a lot of the programmes I wanted to watch.
You are suppose to be able to sort the Channels into the order that you want them, on following the guide this is not the case as they just go back to there normal position.
I have always found Goodmans to be a good and trusted maker of electrical appliance, but not anymore.
on 26 November 2014
The box worked okay for a short time. I then found that I may have a signal problem as the picture keeps scrambling and most recent recordings are appaling quality. However most recently in the past two weeks the box keeps freezing / crashing and I tried to turn it off with the remote, and it would not always work (despite the batteries working) so had to unplug the box to reboot it. There seems to be a delay in the signal from the remote to the box. I had set up all my favourite programmes to record on Series Link but it doesn't record some scheduled programmes which seems very odd. It sometimes only records parts of the programmes but this may be due to it freezing/crashing. I have found that the box switches itself off sometimes. I would personally not buy this product due to all of the above issues and think I will stick with Humax, as that is what I have used before.
on 30 August 2015
great machine. lets you record your favourite programmes and you don't have to pay a penny once you have the box. you get all your favourite programmes. very easy to us even my husband can work this.
Like the machine, but it was grubby when it came, remote was sticky, it had recordings on from 2012/2013/an upwards, so it must have been 4 yrs old, took me all evening to wipe off recording, it was over half full, surely this should have been checked
on 2 August 2015
Easy to operate and has a good memory capacity. Unfortunately it often interferes with normal TV picture quality causing pixcelation and total loss of picture sometimes. This is not our TV/aerial as we have very good picture quality when the recorder is not connected. Did not include a scart lead even though this was advertised as included at the time of our order.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse