- Audio CD (27 Sept. 2010)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Label: Sony Music CMG
- ASIN: B003YX8XCW
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Vinyl | MP3 Download
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (31 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,021,296 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Goodies/ The Evolution
|Price:||£13.34 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£4.65 (26%)|
|Listen Now with Amazon Music|
|Amazon Music Unlimited|
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
1. Goodies: This track is crazy. The beat is very original and the lyrics are unusually reserved for such a rythmic tune. Ciara's class shines on this record, and despite the bashing that she often recieved for her vocal performances, I enjoy listening to the chick. She has something a little different and I really think it's unfair of people to compare her to the likes of Whitney and Mariah. She sings crunk, not soul, so an eight-octave voice really isn't required. This song often ends up on my repate button and I adore the video more than you could imagine. Especially the dance part over Petey's rap. God I wish I could move that consistantly. I don't know anybody who hates this song, my college is full of My Chemical Romance fans like myself, but when this track got played on the jukebox, everybody literally stopped eating and talking to holler along to the rap. A deservant number 1 and one of my personal favourites.
2. 1, 2 Step: The lyrics are really unusual in this track. It's all about the music itself and isn't layered with a bunch of empty sexual innuendos. Missy sounds hott and the whole track blends together well. The second single and another US smash. I can't wait to get the video over here, I'll be looking out for that one. Another highlight.
3. Thug Style: The first slow jam of the album. Her voice sounds a lot more mature on this track and I give her credit for sticking to an almost child-like approach to her music.Read more ›
1.Goodies-9/10-Very catchy and a top tune when you hear it alot.
2.1,2 step-10/10-It's automatic, supersonic, funky, fresh, outrageous and so contageous!
3.Thug Style-8/10-A bit of a let down after the first two songs, it slows things down a bit when you don't want it to, but it is a good song if not a little bland.
4.Hotline-9/10-This is a right song! It isn't quite as good as 1,2 step but it is not far off. A stand out song!
5.Oh-10/10-This tune is down and dirty ghetto musick. This is the reason crunk was invented! It should do well in the charts, it is fantastick.
6.Pick up the phone-7/10-Similar to thug style, it is not all that impressive or catchy, i would skip this one to be honest.
7.Looking At You-10/10-Really similar to 1,2 step but at the same time very different. This is catchy, cool and another stand out song.
8.Ooo Baby-8/10-Not bad, the chorus should get you movin, it really isnt bad but it isnt really good either.
9.Next To You-6/10-ok this is probably the worst song on the album. Ciara attempts to take it slow and serious and fails.
10.Read more ›
1. Goodies - 10/10 - A very nice Crunk&B opener. The beat is infectious and Ciara's cooing vocals over the beat provides a very pleasant listen. The lyrics are very smart and unusual. Petey Pablo's rap clinches an overall infectious track.
2. 1, 2 Step - 9/10 - Another infectious track, following on nicely from the first track. The addition of Missy Elliott on the track provides an overall good listen.
3. Thug Style – 7/10 – This is a nice R&B jam. Not my favourite track on the album, but I find it rather soothing.
4. Hotline – 10/10 – This is one of my favourite songs on the album. It is a real gem which should have been a single. It reminds me of Bang It Up and Addicted off Ciara’s sophomore album, which are two of my favourite Ciara songs.
5. Oh – 10/10 – Ciara and Ludacris create magic all the time. The bass on the track is sublime and Ciara’s voice matches it perfectly. Ludacris’s verse is the icing on the cake.
6. Pick Up The Phone – 6/10 – A pleasant album track, which remains very true to its title!
7. Lookin’ At You – 7/10 – Another track produced by Jazze Pha. His “hype-man” introduction of Ciara at the start of the track is cool. The beat on the track is nice and Ciara sounds good.
8. Ooh Baby – 6/10 – This is another nice slow jam.
9. Next To You – 9/10 – I found this track arresting from the start. A very nice ballad, which I would have preferred as a single over And I.
10. And I – 5/10 – This is my least favourite song on the album.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good. Only sorry I didn't purchase it sooner. Missed out on enjoying this foot stomping debut album.Published 16 months ago by Super Shopper
Must listen to her before buying, i saw her with enreque and thought she may be worth a try but not very sure, few tracks are quite good but overall i cannot give more than 3 starsPublished on 9 April 2015 by Dr Hameed Faheem
had this album years ago...order this one and was lucky to get an extra bonus track :) still as good as when I first got itPublished on 27 Feb. 2014 by Anthony Jordan
Car was stolen recently with this CD in it had to replace it!
Love listening to this old CD. Easy listening to drive to on long journeys.
The singles and some extra tracks were good. Fortunatley, Ciara's following albums would deliver a lot more. Borrow or copy.Published on 24 Jan. 2012 by UK music reviews
item recieved very quickly and in very good condition also received other cd at same time that was also in very good conditionPublished on 21 Mar. 2011 by shaz