on 5 August 2015
Love John Lockes books as a rule. However this is the first I have read in this western series featuring Emmett Love and I have to say I was somewhat disappointed,very weak storyline lack of any real humour.Not one of his best in my opinion.
on 7 March 2014
Locke's novels are something of a guilty pleasure.
He has a genuine talent for one-liners, and inter-weaving characters and stories across all of his books.
Lately though some of the books have perhaps seemed a little lazy, with more of the 'sex' content, and less story.
This one does a lot to redress that balance, and I enjoyed it.
Basically, if you like one of John's books there's no reason you'd not like them all.
on 7 June 2013
Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing bad to say about the latest Emmett Love instalment, absolutely loved it, didn't want it to end...but it did and far too quickly. I have read all the other John Locke books and whilst none of them are particularly long it just feels like the last few have been really short. I keep thinking maybe the author has been really busy and I have missed another new episode from one of the other characters he writes but that doesn't seem to have happened either. Having waited a long time for this book I don't feel greedy wanting it to have been a bit longer. Please keep them coming John.
on 16 June 2013
You can read this book as a standalone but I think you get more out of it if you've read the others in the series. I always look forward to the John Locke books coming out and this is not a disappointment. It's not a western in the Hollywood sense and it might seem far-fetched to some but it's very funny, quirky and you do feel as though you're in the country. If you've followed the themes from the first book in the series it makes more sense and you're prepared for the strange characters and events. The first person narrative, written in the language and dialect of the hero is the source of the amusement and seeing the world through his eyes gives meaning to the story.
on 28 May 2013
Another great read from John Locke, and a long awaited return to the continuing tales of Emmett and Gentry. I downloaded this as soon as I heard that it had been released and read it in 24 hours love the humour and the style of writing. I would, and have on many occasions recommended John Locke's books they are such fun and easy reads. Keep the comming John , and more Donovan Creed please.
on 17 July 2013
Typically John Locke........Brilliant..once again John provides a great read in a style so different from the Donnovan Creed novels its hard to believe they were written by the same person..... Excellent book
on 10 July 2013
What a great read. It's funny and very entertaining I'm glad to see that Emmett still has his weird horse and strange bear, they both get a mention in this book as they should. I hope there is another book in this series soon.
on 4 July 2013
Love John Locke, and Emmett Love is hilarious written very tongue in cheek. Excellent read. Laughed. Also learnt some history what an amazing time to have lived
on 1 November 2013
Locke continues to make me laugh out loud whilst reading! he also manages to bring together different stories and characters from centuries apart? Brilliant.
on 10 October 2013
These books are really fantastic I have loved every one of the ones I have read and I have just subscribed to the mailing list