on 2 October 2017
Better than an oven cloth
on 31 August 2010
BOUGHT 3 YEARS AGO AND STILL WORKING BRILLIANTLY. I cannot recommend highly enough. Do exactly what they promise! These are the first pair of oven gloves which have worked. I can pick baking trays, casseroles, cake tins etc. straight out of a very hot oven. You cannot feel the heat. You can place the items on the counter without rushing, good safety. Heat does get through if the gloves get wet but that's the same with all oven gloves. The glove design allows you to pick up things easily. The long cuffs prevent you from burning your wrist on a shelf as you reach to the back of a hot oven. They are easy to keep clean, simply wash in the washing machine and they dry quickly as well. All in all a brilliant product
on 23 October 2009
In my view these are far safer than the oven mitts with only one thumb or the large square type oven gloves. With the actual fingers you are much more dexterous and have far more control over picking up and lifting and moving and they are far less clumsy to use than the oven gloves that do not have the fingers. I find them perfectly adequate with regard to resisting heat and am very pleased with this purchase.
on 28 December 2008
Purchased these as I kept burning my hands on the breadmaker (you need to grip and shake the tin to get the bread out and mitts can't grip). I first thought they were too thin the stop the heat coming through and I was wrong. I have used them for casseroles, etc. straight out of the oven and still cannot understand how the heat fails to come through.

They are machine washable, and need to be with malt bread making.

Overall, does what it says on the pack and cooler than they look.
Panasonic SD255 Breadmaker with Raisin/Nut DispenserPanasonic SD254 Breadmaker
on 6 July 2010
Overall, these gloves are good, but they don't offer the same protection as my previous oven gloves (which I think were made by Nomex). Holding a roasting tray straight out of the oven is fine, but these gloves only give protection for about 15 seconds. My old gloves gave protection for about 45 seconds (but were slightly thicker).
on 19 September 2011
As usual I have been very pleased with the items that I buy from Amazon and I must admit I have used these gloves constantly since I received them. They certainly are extremely good and I now do not burn my hands.
on 13 June 2011
These gloves perform exactly as expected. Having fingers and sold in pairs you can safely deal with any hot dish or tin in the oven. Gone are the days of old mitten type gloves. Note that the product description excludes the use with hot liquids, so do NOT use with hot liquids!
on 25 August 2010
I purchased these gloves to replace a pair of similar gloves purchased about 5-6 years ago from a well known kitchen store who no longer stocks them! The gloves are now past their best. As far as I can remember these gloves are cheaper than the previous pair. But to be honest I can't remember how much cheaper!
The only little gripe that I have with this product is that I find the fingers are quite tight & I have to work my fingers down to the end of the gloves unlike the previous pair. (hence only 4* awarded) though there is plenty of room for the palm of my hand.
As for the performance of the glove, first class as expected, being able to grip hot trays, dishes & pots directly from the oven without burning my hands nor risking dropping them because of poor grip. great product would highly recommend these gloves to any one.
on 8 December 2010
have found the gloves as good as advertised. just be aware that when the gloves have water spilt on them or they get damp the heat can come through, use with common sense
on 18 April 2011
The anti-burn gloves seem to be 'small' fitting but since they are a gift for a female I am confident they will fit well; they are markedly smaller than the gauntlets that I already possess and am very happy with. I find it much easier to hold and manipulate hot things for a short time. The leaflet enclosed with this product must technically breach the trades description Act. The gloves afford protection against dry contact heat "up to 350 degrees F", "almost double the temperature normally reached ... by a household oven". A moderately hot oven may reach 400degF (200degC). Maybe the protection is up to 350 degrees Celsius and not Fahrenheit. If not, I may be returning the product!