Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 November 2012
This little recipe book will have me experimenting for months. A veritable cornucopia of new ideas, often simple in execution, straightforward as regards ingredients, and quite a few 'cook-in-advance' options. Definitely an asset for those who love to entertain! Good colour illustrations show what it 'should' look like. Can't wait for the accolades pouring in from my guests!
But, there is a flaw, and a rather puzzling one! There is no order, no structure to the book at all. It's as if the recipes for starters, snacks, main courses, puddings, drinks, have all been printed on cards and sorted into sections, but someone has tripped on the stairs and the whole lot have flown randomly over the floor. Quickly scooped up in no order whatsoever, they have been bound into a book which, throughout, manages to skip from savoury to sweet to cocktail to hearty stew!
on 22 August 2014
Have made several dishes from this and every one has turned out brilliantly. Some of the portion sizes are a little off (some turn out too big, some too small) but overall a handy book to give you ideas.
on 25 April 2014
i love the range of these little books have many of them. i thought this would be a great addition but alas its not very good or impressive at all. i'm not looking for pretentious dinner menus but i did think this book would be full of decent fail safe meals of classic varieties.
on 3 July 2013
Bought this for my mum for her birthday as I know she likes cooking for people and holding dinner parties. I had a quick look through before wrapping it up and immediately decided to get myself one as myself and my husband are also keen entertainers. Some lovely and easy to cook recipes inside and a small easy to store book. Perfect.
on 19 March 2014
I have cooked a few of these just for the two of us to try and they were really tasty. Nice and simple recipes using easily available ingredients.
on 24 February 2014
I bought this book to give me some recipe ideas on entertaining. I have made three of the dishes which were ok, but not ones that I liked enough to make again.
The biggest fault of the book is that it is set out in no logical order. You have a main course followed by a cocktail, followed by a starter, followed by fish course and so on.
If I'm planning a dinner party I want to look at all the starters together and choose one, not search through the whole book trying to find random recipes. Never met a cookery book like it.
on 21 February 2013
Easy to follow recipes and good illustrations.

I have lots of recipe books but this gives good ideas for stylish dinner party fare
on 19 August 2013
A very comprehensive title to cater for the smallest function up to much larger dinner parties. No speciality products, just using everyday store cupboard ingredients for most of the recipe. Everything else could be found in local shops.
on 5 January 2013
very good recipes the books are small and don't take up too much room on the shelves they arrived in good time and I am very happy with them
on 16 January 2014
And excellent selection of dishes. Value for money. Could work my way through the book. I would definately recommend to you.