on 19 August 1999
Jim McLean is right on target with this book. There are complete step by step instructions for how to build a fundamentally sound golf swing which you can repeat. There are lots of pictures and lots of tips and lots of good drills.
Like most of the current golf guru's, Jim McLean presents a focused process for building the correct golf swing.
on 22 August 2013
I have only had a few golf books and to be honest, I didn't understand them. I bought this book as I was fed up of slicing the ball and the reviews on here were v good. I had to read certain parts a couple of times, but I went to the range and I have cured the slice. The format of the book makes it look really out of date, especially the old looking pictures, but the guidance is spot on. It has totally changed my 15 year old swing........thank goodness. It has renewed my love of golf and given me a solid swing to work on and improve. I am extremely happy with it......especially as it is cheaper than a single golf lesson and I keep referring to it for more tips. It covers every aspect of the game, with extremely useful tips......that work. I really wanted to improve my game, so I was prepared to study the book and I highly recommend it. Everything I have learnt from the book I have tried in practise and it works. Brilliant!
on 17 October 2014
As others have said, there are dozens of books and videos out there all aimed at improving your game. You pay your money and take your chances.
I can't remember how I came across this book, but I took my time reading it and I have to say that Jim McLean explains things clearly and simply. I have recently returned to golf after many years, and I wasn't very good when I used to play. Starting again wasn't easy, but I did have a couple of lesson which helped. However, after reading and absorbing some of the tips and drills in the book I have started to hit the ball more consistently straight (not long - yet) than before. The book has helped me with my set-up and swing, and there are excellent references to preparation and mental approach.
Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone looking to improve, particularly very high handicappers.
on 29 January 2014
A good book which is easy to read. Not too technical and good illustrations. A good read for a beginner or a more experienced golfer.
on 25 November 2013
Very good easy to follow not as complicated as many of others. Many years of coaching including top tour pros.
on 8 February 2015
An excellent read but more importantly contains information that the golfer can refer to at any time when problems occur.I have purchased,read and reviewd quite a few of the Kindle books.I have enjoyed them all but if I had to have only one then this would be IT!!!!
on 23 March 2016
This is a great book explaining every aspect of golf. Jim has produced the book with his own experiences and of the other experts of the game. I really love this book because of the way he makes it so simple and understandable without making things complicated.
on 6 May 2013
A nice book if you have played the game before, the instruction can be hard to understand as a beginner but does make sense. Nothing beats being taught by an expert, this is where the book can then help out to supplement your training.
on 30 May 2015
I am biased because Jim Mcleans series on the golf channel helped me understand swing mechanics.
Great teacher and well worth watching.
on 3 December 2015
Jim McLean , is a very interesting teacher and this comes across in this book ,a little dated now but I'd still recommend it .