- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Three Rivers Press (CA); 3rd ed. edition (24 Jan. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0307337146
- ISBN-13: 978-0307337146
- Product Dimensions: 14.2 x 1.5 x 21.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 461,919 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Golf Handbook: The Complete Guide to the Greatest Game Paperback – 24 Jan 2006
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Vivien Saunders was the first European woman to qualify for the U.S. LPGA tour and won the Ladies British Open in 1977. An authority on golf, she owns two golf courses and is renowned for her teaching methods. She has written ten books, including The Golf Handbook for Women.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
1. A brief history and background of the game.
2. Step-by-step, the basics of the swing. This section provides clear instruction, along with diagrams, pictures, and exercises, for developing a swing. The book goes beyond the basics, describing strategies, playing each club, playing different surfaces and conditions, and general tips for improving play.
3. Rules and etiquette.
I strongly recommend this to the golf beginner. It is a quick read that can be used as a reference as you are developing your game.
I am definitely ordering from them again!
They deserve more then 5 stars!