Golf is one of the most enjoyable outdoor sports for people of all ages and athletic abilities. Unlike more physically demanding games, golf is a game of skill, dexterity and strategic thinking.
How do you improve at golf?
Whether you’re looking to play professionally or just trying to improve your swing, try to make a habit of going to the driving range as frequently as you can. While it’s not the same as playing on a proper golf course, the range helps you to improve your stance and swing. Also, be sure to practice your short range game. Amateur golfers don’t often practice easy shots of four feet or less, but missing them can be costly in a real match.
How to choose the right golf equipment?
• If you’re just getting started with the sport, it might be unwise to make too large an investment. Try starting with a men’s golf set for beginners, or purchase a used golf club package set.
• Graphite shafts are lighter but they’re also more expense. If you’re a beginner, graphite shafts will allow you to swing with more intensity and achieve a greater distance. For intermediate players looking to improve their accuracy, steel shafts are a better option.
• Consult with a professional and pick the right clubhead for your driver. This will depend on your swing speed and skill. For example: titanium clubheads are lighter, but more expensive.
• Irons come in many different styles. Perimeter-weighted irons are ideal for novices, whereas blades are a good choice for advanced golfers.
• As your skill level increases, consider purchasing special clubs such as a sand wedge or long iron.
• Consider what golf bag you choose to accompany your clubs; staff bags are the most luxurious ones used by pros, cart bags are slightly smaller and designed for golf carts, stand bags come with two retractable legs, and carry bags are the lightest.
Looking for more sporting equipment? Check out our Sports and Outdoors store.