- Hardcover: 336 pages
- Publisher: Greenwich Publishing (1 May 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0956408117
- ISBN-13: 978-0956408112
- Product Dimensions: 16.6 x 2.3 x 23.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,356,657 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Golden Years: Britain's Summer Olympic Champions 1948-2008 Hardcover – 1 May 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Clive Ellis is a highly experienced journalist and author. His biography of the great all-round sportsman, C.B. Fry, won the Cricket Society jubilee literary award. Golden Years is his fourth book.
Top Customer Reviews
From a personal viewpoint it was particularly interesting to read the account of Ann Brightwell formerly Packer. Ann taught at Coombe Girls School which is in our locality at the time of her competing at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964. Her fiancée Robbie taught at Tiffin Boys at the time which is in Kingston near our home in New Malden. Their individual success made a deep impact at the time and we have had the privilege of facilitating Ann coming back to Coombe Girls School to Yrs 7 & 8 in 2012 and Robbie and Ann came back this October to Tiffin Boys on the 50th anniversaryof their success. They are so able and modest.