Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 12 August 2017
Good short story
on 19 August 2014
This short dystopian story is about Rob, who had heard rumours that trains continued running on the disused London Underground tube network. Rob finds a spot where he can sneak into a disused station and meets an old man to whom he explains his mission.

I did not like this short story as it did not grab me. I found it very dark and slow. There were only 2 characters in this tale and their dialogue was rather drab. Nothing sparked my imagination and I was not entertained. Chris has published this short story to try and lead readers onto his Tube Riders novels. Well, I will leave those trains in the depot!

I found reading Going Underground a chore. It never seemed to gather momentum and the ending was no big surprise. I will not be getting Tube Riders and I vote this sad little tale the minimum score of 1 star.
on 12 June 2012
I really enjoyed this short story. It conjured up a world I would love to know more about but don't be fooled by the size of the book. It's only about 1 quarter Going Underground and 3/4 of a sample chapter for another book. Which was a shame as I found the sample chapter to be a bit of a let down. Nothing so compact and clear as the title story.

Struck me as a dystopian Carver.
on 16 January 2014
A good teaser to potential more - I enjoyed it but wanted more of it. I will be reading more of Chris ward
on 13 April 2014
It shows how you can think out side the box in a fight for survival. The writer showed the importance of togetherness.
on 26 January 2015
As an intro to the Tube Riders Trilogy it's OK. As a short story disappointing.
on 5 August 2016
wanted it to be a lot longer but enjoyed it
on 31 July 2014
Expected it to be a bit longer
on 21 September 2015
Claptrap. Totally implausible.
on 28 February 2014
There was no mystrey or suspense! very boring and unintresting. far too short. if i wanted to be put to sleep then this type of book would do it!!