on 9 November 2012
This was a very good book to read. From the moment you pick it up you have to read the whole thing. I loved the whole interaction between Jesse and paten how they were always throwing shots at each other. It is a nice story with the typical bad boy and sweet innocent girl.
Couple of disappointing points for myself is the whole story was quiet predictable and there were a lot oh grammatical errors that were confusing and made me back track and fill in the gap. A nice innocent book and every teenage girls fantasy cheerleader and bad boy tattooed football champ. If you like a good read then this is for u but if your over 18 I wouldn't bother
on 14 August 2012
This Book reminds me of the perfect chemistry series by Simone Elkeles because of the whole 'opposites attract' thing. Jesse is the typical gorgeous but poor bad boy type of guy, he has a cr*p family life, involved in drugs, no money & having to attend a new school with pupils which are exactly the opposite of him.
Then theirs Claire, she's rich, beautiful, and a good girl. They both can't help but be attracted to one another. They both soon find out that there's more to both of them, they are not the typical stereotypes of what they believe each other to be. & although at first they were both trying to use each other as just a game it soon ends up into something much deeper.
I love Jesse, he is a good guy at heart, and you feel for him because of all the cr*p he's had to go through. & Claire you can imagine how shes feeling putting yourself in her shoes, & getting all the butterflies when your around the boy you like but not really supposed to be!
The drama in the book is great I was cringing when Jesse meets Claires mum & the drama unfolds! I really enjoyed this book, there was enough drama to keep me occupied & lots of romantic encounters to keep me all bubbled up. One of my fave parts are when Jesse sleeps over! & Also when Claire meets Jesse's brothers, its very heart-warming knowing how much Jesse cares for them.
The epilogue is beautiful, I think they deserved the fairytale they got!
on 9 July 2012
Loved this book...found it after reading the excellent The boy who sneaks through my bedroom window....this book has a lovely love story and you really do root for them both. It's got streamy sections too! Ideal for reading on holiday.
on 15 September 2015
I think the assumptions made by Claire are what anyone with money would make and she seemed a total airhead at first just putting up with the status quo instead of fighting and thinking for herself. She makes up for it by really taking time to get to know Jesse as much as she can considering he was only with her to get back at her boyfriend. It's funny how he ends up the one that is smarter then her and no matter how much he tries to push her away towards the life she was expecting she falls for him harder. Loved it
on 20 December 2013
This is one of those books that grabs you. Jessie is from the wrong side of the tracks but ends up going to a school full of more privileged children. He has a horrible life with a drug dealing grandmother and his only hope is to go to college and get away. He sees Claire, he thinks she's out of his league and finds she's dating Forbes whose place he's took on the football team.
They fall for each other but life doesn't fall easy for them.
It's well-written and the few typos don't interfere with reading.
It's does contain violence and drug references.
on 25 August 2012
I really really enjoyed this book. There were many suprises in the story along the way which made it not quite as predictable as some romances I have read. Without giving the story away I nearly had a heart attack at the end of one of the later chapters in the book! My only wish would to have had more of the story from the end of the book to the point were the epilogue began. I feel so much was missed there. But all in all a fab read, well worth five stars.
If you enjoy this book try Slammed or Easy or Reason to Breathe and Barely Breathing as I believe you would enjoy them too.
on 1 December 2012
I enjoyed this book from start to finish. The two main characters capture you from the beginning and the book is a real page turner. I thought the supporting cast of characters were very strong and added another dimension to the story ( Can't wait for Shallow to come out on paperback). Highly recommend .
on 16 July 2016
I was trying to find something similar to a Simone Elkeles book and this was a suggestion from Goodreads. I have to say they hit the nail on the head I loved this book it was right up my street.

Claire is the popular perfect princess of East Franklin High school. She's rich, dating the quarter back of the football team, heading to being crowned valedictorian and everyone loves her. To the outside world her life couldn't be more perfect.

Jesse has just transferred to East Franklin in the hope of landing a spot on the football team. He needs a full scholarship if he has any hope of escaping his less than desirable life. He is confident he can do a better job than the present quarter back, Forbes. Unlucky for Forbes he has his eye on more than his position on the field.

Bad boy meets good girl romance. 5 stars out of 5.
on 8 October 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, would totally recommend anyone reading it. It is about teenagers, falling in love etc but the storyline really draws you in and you feel real empathy for the characters, to the point where you forget that they are not fully adults. Read it in 2 days!
on 21 February 2013
For me when it comes to reading a new story is being able to see yourself relate to the characters and I completely loved them in this! You really feel for both sides and I would definitely recommend it!