Going, Going, Gone: 100 animals and plants on the verge of extinction (Conservation) Hardcover – 24 Oct 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
...poignant * Sunday Express *
About the Author
Entries supplied by 100 conservation organisations. Contributors include: OceanCare, EarthWatch Institute, RSPB, WWF, Friends of Conservation, The Wildlife Trusts, The Woodland Trust, Charles Darwin Foundation, BTO, World Owl Trust, Orangutan Foundation, BirdLife International, Whale and Dolphin Conservation, Shark Trust, International Crane Foundation and many more
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The groups were asked to choose one species that best epitomized their work. The groups ranged from the Royal Botanic Gardens to Wilderness Society Australia, the Yellow-Eyes Penguin Trust to the Sierra Club, the Ulster Wildlife to Save the Rhino International. Consequently, the images depict a wide variety of species: Irish Hares, Black Poplars, Sumatran Tigers, Red Ruffed Lemurs, Eurasian Lynxes, Natterjack Toads, Rainforests, North Atlantic Right Whales, Ethiopian Wolves, Barbary Macaques, Polar Bears, Hawaiian Cotton Trees, Coral Reefs, Blue-Grey Taildroppers, Javan Leaf Monkeys, Scalloped Hammerheads and so on. Each gets a one-page write-up that gives a general overview of the species, info on population/lifespan/range/threats, efforts to save it, what individuals can do to help, etc. The facing page has a color pix.
GOING, GOING, GONE is, at once, a beautiful photo-guide and a wake-up call to the fates awaiting various species unless action is taken. Highly recommended.
See also Malcolm Tate's GOING, GOING, GONE? published in 2006.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Extinction & Endangered Species
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Evolution > Animal
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Extinction
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment