on 23 August 2014
I wasn't sure about buying this I mean 8 books for 99p you get what you pay for right? Wrong very wrong.
I have, so far, only read Moth ~ in a little over a day I just couldn't put it down. Book two has me equally engrossed and I will be buying book three before I continue with the rest of the titles.
The world of Moth, light and dark a story told from both sides, a world so richly described it has taken me by surprise a few times today to look up and discover that I am sitting in my kitchen.
on 30 September 2014
Loved every story in here and feel like I need more will be reading for a long time from this.
If you like well worked fantasy from a new perspective then these are for you
on 3 May 2015
I did not like the first two books in this book of fantasy novels
Hidden: This is the story of a village trapped in the middle of a Forest with a thick fog surrounding the village there is dangerous animals in the forest for 80 years every year three of the villagers leave the village this year Tressa Bastion and conner are selected to leave the village they manage to exit the forest but captured by the Dragon Queen. I've bought the next book in this series.
City of Demons: A story of a Hill farmers boy names Garet who had killed a demon at his home. A group of Bane who are Demons Hunters came to there farm they wanted Garet to join them and become an apprentice. The leader of the hunter is Master Mandarack and his apprentice Salich and two blue Malic and Dorich they journey back to the Banes Hall where Garic begins training.
Night of the wolves: Two Palidan knights Jerico of Ashur Darius is a Dark Night of Karak they should have been enemies but they have become friends. Jerico had killed a wolfman who had crossed the river and killed a villager the previous night and some of the villagers went to the other side of river and atached a group of wolfmen which start a war.
Clash of Faiths: This is the continuation of the above story of Darius and Jerico: Darius trys to get his faith to karak back after he refuses to kill Jerico he faces a tribunal but he ends up killing them, his sword no longer shines with the black flame and his hand is burned. Jerico leaves the village as Darius requested as he said that more of the dark knights would be looking for him he is captured by bandits and he heals the bandits sister from a spider bit
on 20 October 2014
Kindle delivery in mere seconds as always. Fantastic set of first volumes - only problem now is that I have to buy all the rest of each series to read the middle and end of the stories - no real hardship there though :-) Amazing author and one I shall be looking out for on Amazon once I have read the rest of the Moth.
on 17 November 2014
It's a okay series so far I am only on the secondd book but it is not jumping of the pages like some books you start and can not put down until you finish it. but the price was only 77p so I wasn't expecting much anyway.
on 16 October 2014
This set of books was a mixed bag but I think that it is the best of these sets that I have read. I enjoyed the different styles of writing and the originality of the subject matter. I always enjoy David Dalglish and these two paladin books were no exception. I hadn't read any of the other authors before and will definitely look out for more books by most of them. Exceptional value for money.
on 15 September 2014
This is the first time I have left a review for books. I have read only the first one, 'Moth' & i agree with the previous reviewer, the first book alone is brilliant for 0.77pence. The characters and story are brilliant & engrossing and i can't wait to start for Pt2; if you enjoy magic, swords and sh1t, this is the book for you.
on 9 December 2014
A good read; enjoyable books although I was somewhat annoyed that after the first two "Moth" books it moved on to another story (which I've not yet started as I bought the remaining four books in the series).
Still, it was well worth the money (79p if I remember correctly!)
VINE VOICEon 2 January 2015
Fantasy is an interesting genre. Stories can cover so many species, environments, forms of magic and other variables. Thus any review is entirely dependant on the reviewers own preferences.
I stated two of the series in this collection and found that I just could not get on with the environments, They were too extreme for my taste. One was a land where the sun is on one half and night on the other.. The other book had a village surrounded by fog.
While the characters were quite good in both these stories and they showed great potential they just could not grip me. I wil try the later books at some stage in the future.
on 13 September 2014