- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Godard: A Portrait of the Artist at Seventy Hardcover – 3 Nov 2003
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"This is, at last, the book Godard deserves, one that does justice to the life and work of the most original filmmaker of the twentieth century. MacCabe vividly recreates the social and political turmoil of post-war France in which Godard came of age, moves fluidly from the theoretical to the personal, and captures at once the essence of the Nouvelle Vague and the particularity of individual films. A remarkable achievement."--Peter Biskind, author of "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls
About the Author
Colin MacCabe teaches at the Universities of Pittsburgh and Exeter, and works as a producer for Minerva Pictures. His most recent book is The Eloquence of the Vulgar. His most recent production is Badassss... Cinema. He worked with Godard in the '70s and '80s.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Artists, Architects & Photographers
- Books > Biography > Film, Television & Music > Radio Performers
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > History of Film
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Radio