God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything Paperback – 1 Mar 2008
|New from||Used from|
Audio Download, Unabridged
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Do yourself a favor and skip the Dawkins and Harris; they're smug, turgid, and boring, with all the human feeling of a tax return. Read Hitchens instead... A tendentious delight, a caustic and even brilliant book... Thank God for Christopher Hitchens. -- Mark Warren * Esquire * Dazzling... A campaign to put this glittering anti-theist tract on the national curriculum for "religious education" should begin here. -- Johann Hari * Independent * Hitchens is a grand rhetorician, and his double-barrelled shotgun of a book is high entertainment... As with Voltaire, his scornful laughter is a powerful weapon. -- Christopher Hart * Sunday Times * The anti-religion case has never been put so well, so comprehensively or so definitively as in this razor-sharp book... Hitchens accumulates a devastating case... Outstanding. -- A.C. Grayling * Independent on Sunday * Christopher Hitchens is a master craftsman of argument... God is not Great is undoubtedly the most boisterously entertaining contribution to the [atheism] debate. -- Siobhan Murphy * Metro * God is not Great is easily the most brilliant and fascinating contemplation upon the role of religion in human society in recent times, the Das Kapital of a tolerant, if exasperated, atheism. -- Kevin Myers * Irish Independent *
The provocative bestseller from Britain's foremost controversial thinker is now in paperback: 'If Hitchens didn't exist, we wouldn't be able to invent him.' Ian McEwanSee all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I suspect that many readers will get just as much from watching Hitchens vs Hannity on youtube - especially his comments after the death of Falwell, as from reading his book. However, his book is definitely worth reading.
Resistance is futile !
I'd recommend the book to anyone of all faiths and none, but particularly to those who through their lives observing religious rituals by rote without ever seriously asking why!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > World History > Slavery
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Commentaries
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Criticism & Interpretation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Philosophy
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology > Philosophy
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Hinduism > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Hinduism > Philosophy
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Theology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Agnosticism & Atheism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Scientology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Sikhism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy