- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Rider (7 April 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1844135675
- ISBN-13: 978-1844135677
- Product Dimensions: 12.6 x 1 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (22 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 16,908 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
God Has A Dream: A Vision of Hope for Our Times Paperback – 7 Apr 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Desmond Tutu shows each of us how to transform our pain and sorrow into hope and confidence in the future" (Nelson Mandela)
"I have the highest regard for my good friend Desmond Tutu and admire him for the humane principles he upholds" (The Dalai Lama)
"God Has a Dream shows us how our personal and global suffering can be transformed into joy and redemption" (Jimmy Carter, ex-US President and Nobel Peace Prize winner)
"This book is a testimony to the shining spirit and unquenchable faith of Archbishop Tutu. It will inspire your heart" (Jack Kornfield, author of A Path With Heart)
"Desmond Tutu is full of courage and faith in humanity's capacity for good...always the voice of inspiration" (Mo Mowlem, MP)
Archbishop Desmond Tutu's bestselling inspirational book for people of all faiths - and none – now available in paperbackSee all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Also recommended: NO FUTURE WITHOUT FORGIVENESS, DISCIPLES OF FORTUNE, UNION MOUJIK
Read it - then read it again.
Former Archbishop of Cape Town, Desmond Tutu, sees evils and problems as simply God's methods for developing us into our full potential as Christians. He presents the idea in such a loving and accepting way that every reader will feel God's strength and kindness while reading these remarkable pages. Think of Saul, the enemy of Christians, becoming Paul, the great Christian missionary, and the central message becomes clear.
The book builds a few simple ideas into their profound consequences:
1. God believes in us.
2. God's dream is that we will be His partners to transform the world into everything it can be.
3. God loves us as we are, even the worst sinners.
4. God loves our enemies as much as us. We need to become forgiving as He is.
5. God has chosen us to be the instruments of His goodness. We need to act so that His will be done.
6. To play our role, we need to turn suffering into an ennobling experience rather than an embittering one.
7. To understand what we need to do, we need to spend time quietly with God listening to His messages for us.
8. Ultimately, we should be confident that right will out and patiently believe that good will triumph in its proper time.
What makes the book so special are the many wonderful stories about how these lessons served the South African leaders so well as they struggled to overcome the repressive Apartheid regime that burdened that country.Read more ›
It is well written , clear and in a laguage understood by everyone, without being the language of the hypocrtical gutter press.
His meesage is needed not only by people, but God's church that has sadly got stuck in Augustinian dicotomy of flesh and spirit.
Desmond also gives us an African perspective on family, that the West must learn.
If I was a rich man I would buy this book for all my friends.
Buy it, and be renewed, and affirmed.
The Reverend John E. Harris-White
[Anglican priest and Benedictine oblate]
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Really enjoyed this book. Desmond Tutu is an inspirational man who gives you an insight into how apartheid affected his life and how he dealt with the problem.Published 20 months ago by gail
An 'easy to read' book and so full of Christ's love, written by a true disciple. A 'must read' for anyone trying to make sense of this crazy world.Published on 3 Sept. 2014 by Jill Potter
Wasn't sure what to expect but a great little book and thought provoking. You don't have to be religious to read this book, easy to read and to understand the philosophy. Read morePublished on 4 Jun. 2014 by Suzie
This book challenges anyone considering their duty, be it Christian or other. If you think you have always done the right thing in life this book will make you re-examine... Read morePublished on 22 Mar. 2014 by Mr. K. J. Alexander
Desmond Tutu should have been Pope if he was Catholic but he is such a lovely man and book written well and is very gentle. Read morePublished on 21 Feb. 2014 by jeannius
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Christian Living > Leadership
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam > Mohammed
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Comparative Religion
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Course in Miracles