on 8 November 2009
I had read his autobiographies and found them amongst the funniest books that I have ever read and was delighted to find this novel. A good story, well written, a beautiful love story, nicely told in Niven's gentle funny style about a subject that he knows well. Don't expect laughs all trough but I laughed till I cried at some parts and when finished immediately looked for more of his novels. I loved it.
on 16 August 2014
Have always adored David Niven's acting so when someone gave me this novel I was intrigued. I must confess I really enjoyed every chapter and could hear David's lovely voice dictating the story to me. It was set during the war and captured every detail beautifully. I think he was a tremendous writer and would love to read more of his work.
on 23 March 2013
My sister in law was delighted, she had been looking for the book for a long time but does not have access to the internet. Result!!
on 18 April 2012
An enjoyable read as good as his other books. Would recommend it to a friend or buy it as a gift for someone who likes reading.
on 28 October 2011
This arrived on time and was a very interesting read. I had read @The Moon's a Balloon' and 'Bring on the Empty Horses' some years ago and really enjoyed them. This book was very similar to those two other books, but was a very good read just the same.
on 12 February 2009
They met during the London Blitz. Pandora was a small-part actress in a hit musical; Stani, half Polish and half American, found himself alone in England - his father back with his troops in Poland, his mother trapped in France by Hitler's advance.
review image
on 7 February 2015
Really pleased with this book and arrived promptly, well wrapped, reasonable price. Good.
on 24 June 2013
Enjoyed this read and it links in with Davids earlier books
on 11 February 2015
book was in dreadful condition went straight in the bin
on 27 May 2016
excellent storyteller, have enjoyed all his books,