Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Sony Go! Explore (PSP) forum

Go!Explore GPS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Jun 2008 19:39:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2008 11:52:58 BDT
R. Taylor says:
Anyone have any idea, when if ever we will see this product. Prices and dates for delivery are all over the place. Dixons now says it's in stock but I'm suspect. I pre-ordered on Amazon on 6 April and since then the price has shot up and up and Sony's promise of early spring release is long past, it's only a few days to early summer. Who ever is at fault, I suspect Sony delay station, should be sacked.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2008 21:31:28 BDT
G. L. Jones says:
Sony say its coming in July, i already got it from Japan its well worth the money

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2008 21:33:24 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 19 Jun 2008 21:33:39 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2008 19:20:33 BDT
R. Taylor says:
I emailed SONY and this is the reply I received. Thanks for your input, hope I see my order filled soon.
"Regarding Go!Explore in the UK, it has been available in limited outlets in the UK since 6th May, including Amazon:
Sony Go! Explore (PSP)

This limited launch was done to trial the product in retail, something which is quite common with very new products. However the full launch of the product in the UK will happen in July. I realise this is much later than we said previously, but when we make these initial announcements, although we have every intention of living up to them , there is still a lot of work to be done on the product and this can result in delays"

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2008 16:53:57 BDT
P. Leamon says:
I bought one from Dixon's Tax free on the weekend (£85). It came with the car-kit - that was the only sku they had. I read some articles that initial pre-orders were at £25-30 - wish I'd got in then.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jul 2008 14:19:04 BDT
C. Fraquelli says:
I've got one if you want to buy one. the box was opened, but it was never used. Willing to sell it for £50

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jul 2008 09:46:04 BDT
R. Taylor says:
Thanks for the offer, but I have it on pre-order at Amazon at a nice price. I've waited so long that another week won't matter.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jul 2008 17:07:42 BDT
I reserved mine at Argos - went in store three weeks ago - and they handed it over! The store in question (Oxford) is still saying it has them in stock. I guess other Argos stores are doing the same?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jul 2008 08:58:11 BDT
R. Taylor says:
Well for the SIXTH time Amazon have changed the delivery date, it's now to be delivered between 8th and 20th of August. My advice is go elswhere if you want it this side of Christmas. Amazon don't seem to able to get anything right.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2008 19:45:33 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jul 2008 19:58:41 BDT
HandsomeStan says:
Hi i ordered mine earlier than you in march and have been told i will get it between the 31st of july and the 7th august so im sure they have the stock sorted,seems its first come 1st served! i was guaranteed my pre order price of £25.99 aswell, HMV Game & various other retailers contacted early purchasers like us and said they had made a pricing error and you have to pay £99.99 so if you got yours at the same price as me surely a longer wait aint that bad, Amazon rule!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2008 21:37:08 BDT
R. Taylor says:
Yes my price is the same has yours and with the pre-order guarantee. I hope you get it on time and mine follows shortly afterwards. Best off luck!

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jul 2008 11:00:10 BDT
HandsomeStan says:
Thanks mate same to you, cross our fingers! I have a friend who always pre orders with amazon and they never tried to pull a fast one and say they made pricing errors etc.. and he has saved a nice bit before, never £70+ though I think we were very lucky! I very nearly ordered mine from HMV aswell as they were £1 cheaper but thought amazon have always done me proud, I too got annoyed at the constant delays untill i read forums about all the people who got screwed over by these other companys! I hope its a decent sat nav, worth the long wait!!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Aug 2008 15:01:25 BDT
HandsomeStan says:
Just to update you , it was dispatched today *(1st august) well pleased, bargain of the century!
all the best jake

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2008 14:09:08 BDT
R. Taylor says:
Mine's on it's way also, hopefully it will arrive on Monday and maybe include the car cradle and charger too.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2008 15:05:24 BDT
HandsomeStan says:
Hi mate,
WooHoo! got it today, with car cradle and charger and case for the gps receiver, this is amazing! was only expecting the gps reciever and the umd maps, Amazon is the daddy! £25.99 for this is an amazing pre order price promise !
cant believe it, works brilliantly too, just make sure you are outside and stay still when you 1st set it up!
all the best jake

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Oct 2008 16:41:35 BDT
where can you get it imported from japan or anywhere thats its around 40 quid or less with the cradle and charger?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  17 Jun 2008
Latest post:  18 Oct 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about