- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Go Ask Alice Paperback – 5 Dec 1991
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"An extraordinary work- a document of horrifying reality" (New York Times Book Review)
"A book that all teenagers and parents of teenagers should really read." (Boston Globe)
"It shows the awful pressures which plague even the 15-year-old who needs all her energies to cope with growing; the isolation of one who wanders off the track and, alone, finds it impossible to fight her way back." (Guardian)
The harrowing true story of a teenager's descent into the seductive world of drugs.See all Product description
Top customer reviews
It is readable and it does help people to understand the dangers of drugs. Unfortunately it is a fake - it purports to be a genuine diary but is actually an artifice contrived to keep people away from drugs. I read it as a teenager and believed it was genuine. Years later I bought it for my children and read it again and found it completely unrealistic and mawkish. I did a bit of research and discovered it is known to be a fake. Think deception is the wrong way to educate people, even for a worthy cause.
Read more at: [...]
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Alcohol & Drug Abuse
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Living with Cancer & Other Illnesses
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Teenagers
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling > Adolescents
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Illness & Addiction
- Books > Young Adult