on 10 December 2013
Short and informative book. Recently developed a wheat intolerance which I just found that for me also covers barley (beer!) and so am to be tested for coeliac. Didn't enjoy reading about potential medical procedures - but at least I know now.

Recipes are good but for me not necessary because I'm proficient enough to make things up given a few ingredients. In fact, I am not a fan of processed food so it's not a great hardship switching to a full gluten free diet - it just makes shopping quite hard for some prepacked ingredients.

A bit too US centric for me so lost a star but all in all a great place to start and a very quick read.
on 27 August 2014
this book is very useful if you live in America but all the references it made to associations had to bearing to those cioeliacs that live in the UK. also why does it continue to keep repeating itself in each chapter I found it difficult to keep up my interest when this kept happening
on 16 July 2013
good research and very useful start on a unknown thing for me all good for free thank you very much
on 31 May 2014
My husband is Coeliac and I have read a lot on the subject, but I definitely did learn a couple of new things from this publication and in fact have recommended it to a couple of other people. Well written, scientific and documented information from highly regarded academic source.
on 1 September 2013
Good basic information but very US-centric so you have to research facilities and support in your own country.
I really like the point made about asymptomatic coeliac's as this is rarely discussed in other books
on 2 June 2014
This book is clear and concise, providing an abundance of essential information! It has clarified uncertainties and answered questions I would never have thought of! An essential read which is in lay-man's terms! I will highly recommend it!
on 7 November 2013
My 11year old son has just been diagnosed with coeliac disease I am sure this book is going to help and guide us throughout this difficult time .
on 23 September 2013
the book went into detail to explain what coeliac disease is and how to
repair the gut so the body can start to repair itself
on 22 April 2015
Too much unnecessary guff that I didn't find relevant. I needed to find out how to adjust my lifestyle with inspiring recipes not the ins and out of what gluten does for 20 or so pages, I can sum that up in one sentence. It makes a coeliac ill. There are a few recipes but near the end of the book and as its American written some of the ingredients may not be easily available in the UK.
on 6 June 2014
Very helpful for someone who is newly diagnosed. Easy to understand and very interesting especially the explanations of which foods to stay clear of and which are good for celiac patients.