Glooko MeterSync Cable for iOS
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- For use with the Glooko app, available for free download on the iTunes App Store℠ - track BG readings, view graphs and statistics, log carbs, and share data with your care circle - anytime, anywhere!
- Downloads readings from many popular blood glucose meters including meters from ACCU-CHEK®, Bayer®, FreeStyle®, GLUCOCARD®, i-SENS, OneTouch®, and ReliOn®.
- Requires the Glooko IR Adapter (sold separately) to download readings from ACCU-CHEK® meters, also available on Amazon.co.uk.
- Connects to the iPhone® (4S, 4, 3GS), iPod touch® (3rd and 4th generation), and iPad® (1, 2, and 3rd generation) running iOS 5.0 or later.
- Connects to the iPhone 5, iPod touch (5th generation), and iPad (4th generation) in conjunction with a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately), available at Apple Stores or store.apple.com.
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Say goodbye to paper logbooks and manually entering your BG values into a diabetes app! With Glooko Logbook and the Glooko MeterSync Cable download your meter readings directly into your iPhone® to automatically create a logbook in seconds. Since your readings are on your iPhone, viewing your data is more accessible and convenient. You can review your readings and averages, add notes, log carbs from the food database, and share your logbook with your physician - on the go!
The Glooko MeterSync Cable is compatible with the following meters:
- ACCU-CHEK® Aviva* (Black)
- ACCU-CHEK® Aviva Nano
- ACCU-CHEK® Compact Plus* (Black)
- ACCU-CHEK® Nano
- Bayer's BREEZE® 2
- Bayer's CONTOUR®
- Bayer's CONTOUR® NEXT EZ
- Bayer's CONTOUR® XT
- FreeStyle Freedom Lite®
- FreeStyle Lite®
- GLUCOCARD® 01
- GLUCOCARD® VitalTM
- i-SENS CareSens® N
- i-SENS CareSens® N POP
- OneTouch® Ultra®2
- OneTouch® UltraLink®
- OneTouch® UltraMini®
- ReliOn® Confirm
- ReliOn® Prime
As long as your meter is compatible with Glooko products, you can download readings from multiple meters to create one cohesive logbook. Not all meters are found in every country where Glooko is sold. Readings can be downloaded from both mg/dL and mmol/L meters.
*The Glooko MeterSync Cable is only compatible with the newer ACCU-CHEK® Aviva and ACCU-CHEK® Compact Plus models that are black. We are not compatible with the older models that are blue.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
From my perspective, as a diabetic, I can only say that this cable, together with the mobile app, helps me in keeping the measurements logbook in a much easier manner!
Possibility of improvement: a cable version with iPhone's 5 "Lightning" connector.
And, by the way, the app functionality be improved (with e.g. reports, graphs, etc).
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I have been a Type II diabetes patient for 15 years. I have tried a variety of meters and this and that and basically, I hated everything. User interfaces on meters are clunky and not useful to me. I want data analysis quick and on my terms. The logbook software on most meter systems come with a data cable to transfer data from the meter to a PC.
It is Two Thousand And Twelve In The Year Of Our Lord. Why am I transferring data from my portable meter to a stationary Personal Computational System? Let's get with the times. I have a life. Most of it is lived from a backpack. I carry it with me. And what use is a Bluetooth adapter module that only works on Android?
Fast forward to recently, following a hostpital visit due to diabetic complications. I got Glooko.
Plug the cable into the meter, transfer the data. You can review the data in the Glooko logbook app, or send off reports to your Physician or Endocrinologist via email. OR send yourself a CSV of all the data. That is really useful.
So, I do a lot of that. I monitor myself four times a day now. But the prime motivator here was that Glooko makes reliance on the meter for anything more than getting the number and timestamp irrelevant. And that sits just fine with me.
1. It works. It inputed 500 data points from my One Touch Ultra Mini in a couple of minutes. It even told me that I needed to update the time on my meter (because I didn't do it when daylight savings time started).
2. The App is one of the best glucose monitoring Apps for iOS. I've purchased and used several, but I was always in a rush, trying to input numbers from my meter into the app. This makes it easy. It allows you to enter carbs, insulins, and other information with each blood glucose event.
3. It integrates perfectly with the iPhone 5 (plus lightning adapter). At this time, it's not available for Android users, so be warned of that.
1. You have to buy a Lightning adapter if you want to use the device with an iPhone 5. Although cheap Lightning adapters are cheap, the reviews aren't that good, so I purchased the official Apple version, which is expensive. Now, I need the adapter for other purposes, but it does double the cost of the Glooko MeterSync Cable, if you want to use it on the iPhone 5. I realize that Glooko probably is working on a Lightning cable, and probably also needs to get FDA clearance again (I've spent my whole life in FDA regulated companies, so I realize that a 510(k) can take time). But once the Lightning version comes out, I'll either have to buy it, and have a useless 30 pin version lying around. So I consider this a big hit on the value of the product.
2. The App is one of the best on the market. But that doesn't mean it's perfect. It doesn't allow you to add both a Fast and Long insulin (I inject with both in the morning). You actually have to fool the App, by adding a comment 1 minute later than the blood glucose reading to put in the other insulin. Lots of people take two or three types of insulin, and the App should allow you to add more than just one type of insulin for each glucose reading. This is important in my rating of the app (in the Apple App Store), and here.
3. The cable is way too long. It's at least 60 cm long (about 24 inches), which is totally unnecessary. Seriously, I cannot imagine having my iPhone more than 10 cm away from the meter. It's just annoying moving the cable around, since it's so long.
Overall, this is a 5 star product, but I need to deduct .75 star for forcing me to buy a Lightning adapter (which is expensive), and deduct 0.25 star for the App assuming everyone uses just one type of insulin at each glucose reading. I just know I'll be disappointed when Glooko releases the Lightning version of this product. I hope Glooko has some sympathy for us early adopters of the product on the iPhone 5.
I abhor creating diabetic logs and would often forget to write things down. This takes out most of the pain in keeping track. I downloaded 400 readings in seconds using this cable. The interface is soooo easy. The only thing I have to record now is carbs and insulin using the FREE handy app on my iPhone, or any additional notes. This is much easier to do than anything I've every used. The app lets you create a report to send via or email or even to a fax. Plus it provides export capability in a csv format, which can be easily imported into Excel or other spreadsheet or database tools for those so inclined and want a more customized report.
Thank you so much for a wonderful product!!!!!