The Global Trap: Globalization and the Assault on Prosperity and Democracy Hardcover – 1 Oct 1997
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Excellent. A very powerful text.' Barbaara Pyle, Executive Producer, CNN
About the Author
Hans-Peter Martin is an Austrian journalist and politician who has been a Member of the European Parliament since 1999. Harald Schumann is a German author and investigative journalist .
Top Customer Reviews
The ending of each chapter has been so excellently written, that you just have to proceed with the next: "Just this one more ..." you keep telling yourself.
Although rather pessimistic in their basic viewpoint, the authors nevertheless end the book with some kind of hope, and first of all with a strong appeal to the readers to consider the European Union as an alternative to complete, unmanaged globalisation.
I have read the book in a translation into Danish, but I'm sure the English edition is equally worth recommending.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Systems
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > International Economics > Development
- Books > History > Political History > Democracy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Democracy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Structure & Processes
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Sociology of Work