- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Glacial Geology: Ice Sheets and Landforms Paperback – 28 Jul 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"The book is written in an accessible manner and well–illustrated; undergraduate students will thus embrace it as a first resource." (Experimental Agriculture, 2010)
From the Back Cover
Glacial Geology: Ice sheets and landforms, Second Edition has been thoroughly revised and updated throughout and provides a modern, comprehensive summary of glacial geology and geomorphology. The book clearly outlines glacial landforms and sediments and provides the reader with the tools required to interpret glacial landscapes. It describes how glaciers work and how the processes of glacial erosion and deposition which operate within them are recorded in the glacial landscape.
The Second Edition is presented in the same clear and concise format as the First Edition, providing detailed explanations that are not cluttered with unnecessary detail. Additions include a new chapter on Glaciations around the Globe, demonstrating the range of glacial environments present on Earth today and a new chapter on Palaeoglaciology, explaining how glacial landforms and sediments are used in ice–sheet reconstructions. Text boxes are used throughout to explain key concepts and to introduce students to case study material from the glacial literature. Newly updated sections on Further Reading are also included at the end of each chapter to point the reader towards key references. The book is illustrated throughout with colour photographs and illustrations.
- Includes two new chapters covering ′Glaciation around the Globe′ and ′Palaeoglaciology′
- Now illustrated in full colour throughout
- Includes information boxes, chapter summaries and further reading throughout
- All existing chapters fully revised and updated to include new literature
- Clear presentation of conceptual diagrams to illustrate complex spatial and temporal variations in processes/landforms
- Retains a strong focus on sediments and landforms
- Written at an accessible level suitable for all undergraduate students taking courses in glacial geology
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
But I am extremely disappointed with the production quality of this Kindle edition:
- The figures are pixelated, contain noticeable artifacts, and in general are too small.
- The low image quality makes it pointless to select figures to see a larger version.
- Figures in landscape orientation haven't been rotated—and their captions are in portrait orientation!
- Why are the figure captions right justified?!
I expect much better, and more professional document quality for something with a $60 price tag. The PDF versions of textbooks are as high-quality as the printed editions; why shouldn't a Kindle edition be as well?!