Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

Give Me, A Tale of Wyrd and Fae, L.K. Rigel
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews
I thought this sounded interesting, but wasn't sure if it was going to be part of a series – and have a hated cliffhanger... Still, I succumbed to the lure, and found that its a great read, a complete story, no cliffhanger!
One of the things that made me think it may be part of a series was the “tethers 1” addtion to the title. Having looked on LK's blog though I saw that its a complete book in an interconnected series. I love series but HATE cliffhangers, so when books are complete but connected as this is, I get everything I need in my reading ( providing the story is good of course!)
So, this book: well Lilith – what a sad start for her, with a real jerk boyfriend. Fortunately he doesn't last, and she's off seeking a change and taking a break in Dumnos. The whole way she found the place, the time, the people, was sort of a twisted co-incidence, and quite a magical, spooky interference if you have that mindset ( yep – I do!) and the closer she got the more the interfereces and coincidences stacked up.
I loved the people, the French girls, Mo, Lilith ( Lily) and Cade. She was an interesting person, one of those who'd make a good friend, who care about people, who we want the best for. Cade; he was a real flirt, and of course Lily was attracted to him, but so were the others on the tour, and then the attractions took a spooky turn. Lily wonders if its her he's attracted to, or the mysterious woman who keeps taking control of her...
It's a fun tale, full of times past, in the tenth century, married with the present. Things happen that overlap both periods and make for a fun, and somewhat suspeseful, story. There's lots to work out – not just who, but what and why. There's Fae connections too and it made for a book that was easy to read, engrossing and absorbing, and one I really enjoyed. I'd be happy to read more in the series.
Stars: Four, a great read, not heart stopping romance and suspense, but a gradual sliding and tempting into the mystery and people involved. A gentle, subtle romance, sensual withot being overtly sexual, with a satisfying ending too :-)
ARC supplied via Netgalley.
on 30 November 2011
It said if you loved Once Upon A Time then you'll love this story, well i did. This story is lovely and has lots of mingling of magic and wyrding, wyrding being a lost art of magic which not many people have ever heard of so it is lovely this lady has included it into her story. Unlike Once thought there is no sex and i'm quite pleased about that as sex in a story can detract from what is going on.
Surprisingly for an American writing a story about England she has not made too many of the mistakes Americans tend to make with how English people speak so all power to her for that, and just a few other little mistakes about england and the way things are we will forgive her that.
All in all I really loved this story and would love it if she continued it in someway er maybe longer next time
on 12 December 2011
I really liked this story, I wasnt to hot on the title but it suit is so well. The picture helps. The story about the witch, fairy, gods, souls was really good. I still wonder what happen to the crazy woman!
on 27 November 2011
If you love magic this is the book for you. Set in the real world and a magical past world, this book centres on a woman who is drawn to a village by mysterious dreams. I was really impressed by this book I loved all the characters and the romance between them, was a good build up. I would have gladly paid for this book and will definitely be reading any others by this author.
This is a tale of 2 parts. In modern times, Lilith Evergreen is dealing with her boyfriend's betrayal by taking off to the UK to visit a place that has haunted her dreams. In Tintagos Village, Dumnos, Lilith meets Cade Bausiney and is overwhelmingly attracted to him. Yet Lilith is not only haunted by memories that are not her own, she discovers that she has arrived in Tintagos in time for The Handover; when the local Wyrding Woman (witch) passes her powers on to someone else.

The other story line is set several centuries earlier (I assume as I don't think a date is mentioned). Frona is the most powerful wryder in all of Dumnos' history, yet she performs magic that constitutes an abuse of her power and attracts the anger of the Sky God. Before her death it is to her youngest daughter Elyse that she passes her status to, whilst her eldest daughter Lourdes is caught up trying to seduce a man destined for another. When Elyse unleashes her own power to right the wrongs committed by her sister, the results are devastating.

I enjoy shades of grey in a lead character, but not when their actions are so unappealing it's difficult to see them in a "good guy" role. **spoiler alert** There were certain parts of the story line that I really didn't like. Despite her justifications, Elyse's bodysnatching plans hardly cast her in a good light. I also found Lourdes' fate a little cheesy and convenient and hardly the comeuppance she deserves. I did like the two different storylines, but it takes quite a while before they connect together as the pace is somewhat slow. The pagan magic and the introduction of the Fae certainly whet the appetite but could have been explored further. Lilith's history is still a complete mystery, but perhaps answers will be found in book 2 "Bride of Fae". 3½ stars
on 1 April 2012
A good read if you like magic and fairies mixed in with a little romance. I wasn't sure what to expect as I downloaded it free - pleasantly surprised and it's good enough that I'd happily try another book from the same author.
VINE VOICEon 13 October 2011
Lilith Evergreen is an American woman living a perfectly ordinary, happy life. That is, until her fiancé returns from a business trip in London with a ring he bought from a street vendor. When Lilith puts it on she starts to have very strange dreams - of trees, castles, and a handsome prince. Her dreams are like fairy tales. Then, after a shocking revelation at home, she decides to follow her heart and book the trip of a lifetime, to England.

When Lilith arrives in England, she quickly realises things aren't quite what they seem. The people are nice enough, but there's much more going on than meets the eye. And, despite her best efforts, she becomes entangled in the madness; involving an ancient spell, parted lovers and questions about her own heritage.

Give Me is a fascinating read. I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I first started reading, but I quickly got the hang of the blend of contemporary and magical. Despite its length, it's not the sort of story you can whizz through, as there are lots of characters and events taking place to keep track of, but don't let that put you off. This is a seriously imaginative book, both exciting and absorbing. It's a modern fairy tale that I'd recommend to those that enjoy them.
on 15 April 2014
Enjoyable read. I loved the sexual titillation without the graphic details.
There were a few typos but they could be overlooked .
I loved the storyline and the characters too. So much so I have bought the next book.
VINE VOICEon 9 February 2012
Straight forward and simple, it passed the time rather nicely.

I don't want to say more about it, I am now just writing words to complete the word count!
on 18 December 2012
I enjoyed this book, its an easy read with a good pace. The author makes the characters very 3-d and very relatable which i think is quite important.