- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Git Pocket Guide Paperback – 2 Aug 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A Working Introduction
About the Author
Richard E. Silverman has a B.A. in computer science and an M.A. in pure mathematics. Richard has worked in the fields of networking, formal methods in software development, public-key infrastructure, routing security, and Unix systems administration. He co-authored the SSH, The Secure Shell: The Definitive Guide, 2e and the Linux Security Cookbook.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I suspect that if I read this book 3 times and keep experimenting I'll get the hang of Git. And this book has 3 merits: 1) there don't appear to be any rivals of the "Git for Dummies" type; 2) it is (at the time of writing, mid-2014) recent enough for most of the commands to work as outlined in the book; 3) CHEEEEEEEAP!!!!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Operating Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Functional Programming
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Architecture
- Books > Computing & Internet > UNIX & Linux > Linux Distributions