Customer reviews

Giro G10 Men's Snow Helmet - Matt Black, Small
Size: Small|Colour: Matt Black|Change
Price:£44.13 - £87.83

on 21 February 2015
Despite reading that it is at least last season's design (perhaps older), this is still a very good helmet. I used it for two weeks this year and had no problems. Fit was excellent (large size) and the quality is very good. Well ventilated and easy to adjust the vents while while wearing the helmet and ski gloves. The helmet is light yet secure, better than my last lid which was not nearly so comfy. The padded ear sections are removable and can accomodate ear phones-not that I would ever consider using them as I am of that vintage who think that you should have all your senses in play while you are ski-ing to alert you to any possible problems.For £50 this was a steal. I would have given 5 stars, but the padded section of the chin strap is sown on to the webbing section of the strap at one end. This means that the padded section canmnot slide along the strap and sits slightly to the side of my chin, not exactly underneath it. That said, there was no compromise in the comfort of the helmet, I just thought it a bit of a design fault. Delivery was excellent and on time.
on 11 March 2016
A very lightweight and breathable helmet. Ideal for warm days out skiing. The vents are adjustable to let air circulate to keep you cool.
There is plenty of adjustment available to fit different shaped heads. Ear pads are warm and comfortable. The chin strap is well covered so there are no irritating rubs when skiing. The helmet is well shaped and has plenty of space to fit my oversized goggles.
on 31 March 2016
I skied for decades without a helmet and only bought one because I was skiing a lot off piste. I researched for a long time before buying the G10 as I was concerned about comfort. I am so glad that I did buy this helmet as it is more confortable than I expected and I now always use it when skiing. It has a good range of size settings and I can wear it with a hat when it is cold and then adjust it for use without a hat when it is warm. The ventilation is also quite good if it gets really warm. I am surprised how pleased I am with such a good value helmet.
on 14 January 2016
Very comfortable fit with the ratchet adjustment and padded chin strap. The ear pads kept me warm and had a negligible effect on hearing and ventilation was good. Goggle strap clip helped keep them in place. Very happy with this, especially at about half price!
on 7 March 2012
Used this for the first time during a snowboarding trip to Morzine in February. Does the job intended, very comfortable fit and the ear muff part is handy - can be removed also which I liked. Size-wise I though it was a little on the large size (even though correct size for my head) but I didn't mind too much as it was safety and comfort I was after.
Has vents on top also but never needed to bother with them.
Would defo reccomend as it seems like it will last a good while (hopefully it doesn't get tested to it's maximum!)
on 17 March 2013
My first time using a helmet to ski (I am now at the advanced age of 59 - felt a bit miffed when the lift pass office asked how old I was and I then discovered that OAP ticketes were from age 70). Anyhow, enough of these ramblings and back to the helmet. In a white out fell backwards unexpectedly and had I not had this on would have had a very sore head. Felt nothing. Insulation was superb in temperatures down to -15 (taking account of windchill temp was -20). When weather heated up one day to zero, opened the vents and did not overheat. Helmet was so good I did not notice I had it on.
on 9 May 2014
Bought this helmet to replace my old helmet purchased in States some years ago and showing signs of wear. The Giro G10 is a much superior fit and very comfortable. No gap between goggles helmet and excellent ventilation. The colour is matt white, The "exploded argyle" design is a very faint design on one side of the helmet, almost invisible and a total waste of space! Just call it matt white. All in, an excellent hemet.
on 18 February 2014
Comfortable. Inner tilt adjustment useful. Varied venting settings very good & easy to use with helmet on. (This was very important because with previously tried helmets they were very hot to wear.)
One problem is use with googles raised on to helmet when wearing sunglasses. The googles too easily slide off to the back. To be fair other makes of helmets worn by friends had the same problem.
on 23 June 2014
Having tried a few different makes of helmets over the past few years the G10 is by far the best fit. Ive a 62+cm head and this helmet is perfect (purchaced Large) Sits nicely and is very comfortable. would recommend this to anyone looking a larger fitting helmet.
on 16 October 2016
Great fitting helmet with plenty of adjustment. I struggle to find comfortable head gear but no problems with this. Great price as well