on 9 September 2017
I'd had this one downloaded for years and hadn't got around to it but spotted it again on Amazon and realised I had it so decided to give it a go. However, I just got a bit bored with it and wasn't really a fan of Jack, the main character, who of course features in the whole series. I found him a bit insipid and none too likeable, really. He treated people in his personal life pretty atrociously !
The main thing bothering me was the name of the girl helping him to look for his foster sister....Replacement. I got to 30% and they'd not started using her real name and it bothered me a lot each time it was mentioned. It is disrespectful and a bit dumb, to be honest.
There were some odd parts I happened across, too. At one point he tells Replacement he didn't remember her but we'd already established a few pages back that he did. The same occurred with her telling Jack that Michelle had a full scholarship. This had already been related to him a few pages before ! I didn't know who Jimmy Olson was so looked on Google and it should be Olsen. He lost me here-"He figured that after the Army, he'd be a cop for two years while he finished active duty". I don't understand this at all.
There was way too much grabbing of heads when we met Marisa, enflamed should be inflamed and it got pretty tiresome that Replacement was always coming out of the bathroom !! I gave up when Jack was having what he refers to as one of his "blended memories" as I was finding those a little confusing too at times as he just launched into them while being in the here and now....
Unfortunately, I just wasn't enjoying it in the end.
on 4 September 2016
I really enjoyed this book . The shorthand me captivated all the way through. Hopefully the second book will be free at some point. Well worth a read and a definite page turner.
on 19 June 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed it - found it difficult to put down
on 17 November 2017
This book was brilliant I couldn't put it down. Christopher Greyson never disappoints. Plenty of twists and turns kept me in thralled. Can't wait for his next one.
on 6 August 2017
Has left me wanting the second book
Good read and characters
Look forward to learning more of jacks backstory next
on 3 May 2017
Another good book & its not just about a cop...can't wait for the next 1 .....couldn't put it down ...a must read
on 23 July 2017
Second one I've read in this series. I'll definitely read the next one. I got so into the characters that I actually cried at the end.
on 29 April 2017
I work in information security, so the hacking and cracking kinda let it down a little... it seemed to be a while before it started too
on 2 June 2017