Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Extended version

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Sep 2010 09:20:44 BDT
Does anyone know where to get the Swedish extended version of this - and the other two movies in the trilogy? Must have English subtitles. Even on the French and German Amazon sites I can only find the theatrical release versions. Help please!! I want to see the whole thing!

Posted on 24 Jan 2011 14:41:14 GMT
David Eade says:
The extended versions are only available in Sweden and do not have subtitles. Very annoying. Why the film company doesn't release subtitled versions over here is anybody's guess, because they are apparently much superior, fleshing out the characters and making more senses of the stories.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2011 11:59:45 GMT
Extended versions of all three films are available in the Netherlands. No English subs, only Dutch.

Posted on 25 Jan 2011 12:24:01 GMT
Thanks for the information re availability. As I don't speak Swedish or read Dutch I guess I'm going to have to wait a while longer and keep hoping.... The distributors should be capitalising on the success of the theatrical version and give fans the series in its entirety. What a wasted opportunity! Perhaps we need to start a petition!!

Posted on 10 Feb 2011 21:45:10 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Feb 2011 21:46:50 GMT
Axis says:
I know there is a scandinavian exstanded version (The Complete Stieg Larsson Millennium Trilogy) of the movies with danish, norwegian, finnish and swedish subtitles, but not english (both dvd and blu ray).

Posted on 20 Feb 2011 16:35:12 GMT
Quaddy says:
i need the german version video quality with english subs and the extended version of all three films ;) = happy camper

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2011 10:47:48 BDT
N. L. Esq says:
Well the extended versions are being released here later this year: The Girl... Trilogy (Extended Version) [Blu-ray] and The Girl... Trilogy (Extended Version) [DVD]

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2011 15:39:12 BDT
Quaddy says:
nice linkage, thanks - pre-ordered!

Posted on 13 Jun 2011 07:33:29 BDT
Thanks for the info, N L Esq. This is a definite must buy for me.

Posted on 30 Jul 2011 13:22:09 BDT
L. J. Lloyd says:
Can anyone tell me if they have found this difficult to watch as it is dubbed with the English 'voice over', I have tried all the formats on the 'set-up' at the start, but I am having real trouble to overlook this and only 15 minutes into the 1st film....!
I have bought all the films and now begining to think I may have wasted my money, I bought all 3 after reading and hearing the good feedbacks.
Have I gone wrong somewhere...????? Can anyone advise me...PLEASE.....

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2011 13:43:42 BDT
Quaddy says:
now you have me confused - how do you have this version, when its not shipped yet? and are you saying its english dubbed only? oh dear...

Posted on 30 Jul 2011 14:01:04 BDT
L. J. Lloyd says:
Well Quaddy... I have it, I received all 3 films which I received on 25th July.... it is Swedish with English voice over, I went into the set-up at the begining and variuos options to choose, I tried everyone, obviously I picked English 'voice-over'..... I am a bit confused now, as you say 'it hasn't been shipped yet...??? I have all '3'
1. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
2. The Girl Who Played With Fire
3. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest
Hoping you can help me with my dilema Quaddy

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2011 14:27:28 BDT
Quaddy says:
you posted this in the extended version thread, which doesnt ship till september 19th - are you talking about the normal versions? - if so, then you dont want to go to the setup at all, you say you are selecting English voice over, you dont want this do you? - so dont go into setup at all, just play the movie, and it should default to swedish language with english subtitles, at least thats what happens on my 3 'normal' version blue. HTH
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  20 Sep 2010
Latest post:  30 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about