Giraffe: Biology, Behaviour and Conservation Hardcover – 23 Jan 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Drawing together the latest research, this is a detailed exploration of current knowledge on the biology, behaviour and conservation needs of giraffe. Dagg highlights striking new data on a range of topics, discussing the problems and solutions associated with zoo captivity along with current conservation efforts and their outlook.
About the Author
Anne Innis Dagg is a Senior Advisor for the Independent Studies Program at the University of Waterloo, Canada. Her passion for giraffe has inspired much of her research. In 1976 she co-authored the first scientific book on the species, and in 2010 she was honoured at the inaugural meeting of the International Association of Giraffe Care Professionals. She is also the author of Animal Friendships (Cambridge, 2011).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Behaviour
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Mammals
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Evolution
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Ecology > Animal Ecology
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Mammals
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment