on 18 September 2016
I was not impressed. In my opinion they were expensive and tacky. Pay more and go for a Panasonic and get real quality
on 14 December 2016
Failed after 2 years and the batteries fitted are not man enough for the job
on 14 August 2013
Like some previous reviewers I already had a Gigaset SL400A system Gigaset SL400A Twin DECT Bluetooth Cordless Phone - Black / Silver with two handsets which I have been really pleased with. I Then decided to extend it by adding a third handset in another room.

I expected this phone to be less busy than the others so decided to economise a bit by getting the less capable (and significantly less expensive) C300H, recognizing that not every feature of the SL400 would be supported. The Gigaset website has a handy compatibility tool which shows the extent of compatibility between the many available base units and handsets.

The main areas of SL400 inter-operation which are not supported that I have noticed in practice are:

The C300H does not recognise the SL400A answering machine so cannot play messages or use other answering machine functions.

Outgoing calls made from the C300H are not logged in the SL400 call lists. The C300H does keep a Redial list of called numbers though.

The C300H does not display the 'name' of the other (SL400) handsets when pressing 'INT' on the control key. However it is aware of the other handsets, so they can referred to by their number when calling internally or transferring calls. Thus, press 'INT' on the control key then 1 to call the INT1 handset. SL400 handsets recognise and display the C300H as 'INT3' in my case.

To me, these are minor limitations and I am very pleased with this phone. Making and receiving calls is easy and call volume and clarity is great. Phone numbers can be transferred to and from the SL400 directories without problems. The C300H phone may not have all the tricks but it looks businesslike and does what it does well. Great value.
on 15 October 2012
I've always been keen on Gigaset phone systems but have always bought from the more expensive end of the range. This one is pretty cheap and larger than my previous version, but the display is better, sound clearer - and has replaceable rechargeable batteries. Delivered on time and in good condition. Very pleased.
on 6 January 2012
Some friends of ours bought us the new Gigaset 400 twin set for Christmas. I wanted to add a third handset for the bedroom but a single matching handset for the 400 is currently around £100, so I decided to look for an older but compatible unit. This fits the bill and cost less than 30 quid.

Of course it isn't as swish or compact as the 400's but most of the functionality is the same and registering the handset to the existing base and transferring the directory across from one of the existing handsets was all very easy and logical.

It does look well made and only looks very slightly outdated when you hold it next to one of the new handsets, but on its own, it is still modern and well made with good functionality.

Rather than spend money on some of the cheaper, poorly made units that are available, people should consider investing in a set of these - the sound quality has to be heard to be believed and is as good as the latest model.
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 June 2016
Good phone but the ring tones are very quiet which may be a problem in a large home/office or noisy environment.
on 22 August 2012
I purchased the 3 handset pack and an additional single handest to replace a 4 phone system (by another manufacturer)which had gone on the blink. The Gigaset phones were easy to set up and are working well. One set-up feature we like is that you just enter your phonebook of contacts on one handset and it is automatically replicated on each of the others. Only downside is the rather naff choices for ringtone. Otherwise would recommend to others.
on 21 July 2014
Up and running in no time with my existing C300A which I've been using for 2 years with no problems.

Not that you have a choice in buying this, because if you have the C300A and you need another / replacement handset - well, you can only get this one.

In fact, if you don't have the base station then you're in the wrong place, you can't use this at all, so move along and find a bundle with more than one phone in it.
on 25 May 2012
Like the previous review I also needed an additional handset for my twin Gigaset 400 and didn't really want to pay £100 for one. The C300 seemed a good alternative. It arrived yesterday and took me 5 mins to set up, including registering and transferring all the contact numbers.

It doesn't have the full functionality of the 400 but as an additional handset in a third room it's perfect. A bargain at £27.
on 21 March 2016
I have quite an old (? 10 years) Gigaset C300A trio-set and I wanted to add a 4th handset - the maximum number that the system will support. I had a few concerns about compatibility as this one is labelled C300H. It all works fine - in fact, apart from the fact that it is obviously much newer / shinier, this one is indistinguishable from the old ones. I had a few minor problems registering it to the existing base station; I needed the original system manual rather than the handset manual that came in the package, but after I found that on-line (and remembered the base station PIN!) it was all plain sailing.