Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire

on 7 May 2015
This was a short book which finished at 90% so it was quickly read. It was a bit quirky with
mostly friendly ghosts. Akira can see and talk with ghosts, though not with dead people, so
she isn't a medium.
She gets a new job in Florida and a car with a resident teenage ghost living in it. Akira grows to
love the boy and tries to help him. She is also attracted to her new boss, Zane.
Some ghosts can be dangerous to other ghosts and to humans and Akira is very wary of
communicating with them.
Personally, I could have done without the sex scene which I think could have been skimmed over,
but others may think differently. This was an o.k. book, but I didn't feel involved enough with the
characters to read any more in the series.
on 9 April 2016
There were aspects of the story I really enjoyed and some not so much. I loved how we get the story from both the hero and heroine (and I really liked both characters). This was well written with lots of great characters, but there is a predictability in the plot that I found jarring. This was balanced by the great characters, but it still irritated me as I read (and for me plot is never King - so something was niggling). In some ways this feels like a long prologue that intrudes into Akira and Zane's story. Saying that, it's still good and I will probably read more in the series.
on 22 May 2016
I really enjoyed this story, a brilliant and intelligent scientist who has been hiding her ability to talk to ghosts. I loved the portrayal of the ghosts- Dillon, Rose and Henry...I also like the idea of a town where the residents have psychic abilities and therefore are more accepting of paranormal situations. Akira and Zane are wonderful characters that work well together. A nice short read.
on 16 June 2014
A Gift of Ghosts is a book written by Sarah Wynde

I got the book from Amazon UK, as free download. I have a habit of downloading free books, but this one sounded really good so I thought I’d move it to the top of my list.

I must say, I am really glad that I did make the decision to read this book next. The story was excellent. The writing was so easy to read, that I read through all 191 pages within a few days (and at the moment, that is something of a record for me).

The book is a romance story, which I don’t normally read, however, the inclusion of ghosts piqued my interest.

We meet Akira, a young scientist, who goes for an interview at a scientific research company. She is offered the job, and makes an on-the-spot decision to take it. She quits her current job, leaves her apartment and all her friends to move to Tassamara – all within a short space of time.

Zane is her boss (and from reading the story, in my imagination, a very attractive man). Zane is the man that interviews Akira for his family run business – offering her the world in her scientific area of study. Zane and his family also believe in areas of psychic ability. Zane’s father believes Akira may be the one to help their family with some areas that need ‘specialist’ help.

As well as being a fully qualified, and well educated scientist, Akira, has the ability to see and communicate with spirits. She has always kept it quiet for fear of people thinking she is crazy, but maybe all that is about to change.
on 29 July 2016
I like that the word quirk is used instead of gift as the ability to see ghosts is often not seen as such by us psychic types. Although if I had such amazing abilities as our heroine then I might be tempted to call them a gift. This is a lovely book that kept me enthralled to the very last page even if I couldn't quite manage a five star rating.
on 23 April 2012
This is a lovely story reminded my of Charlaine Harris and her stories of Harper Connolly - Sarah Wynde A Gift of Ghosts is well written a good romantic story that weaves its way through to a good conclusion - I would love to read a next instalement if there is any to come - good charecters had me smiling and interested / page turning throughout. I would rate it very worhtwile to read.
And at the Kindle price cannot be beaten!
on 5 April 2016
Well I said I was not going to get drawn into another series of books, wrong again!
Really, really enjoyed this book, your going to ask why and I'm not sure how to answer, maybe right book at right time.
I like books with lots of action and this wasn't one of those but something about it hooked me, drew me in and took me along for the ride. The storyline was good and seemed to flow seamlessly.
I really liked the characters and some may complain that there was not enough development on them but they didn't need pages of descriptions they just worked.
If you are looking for a nice read with a good story I do recommend this book.
I really liked this book. The writing style is warm and amusing and the characters are all really likeable. I would read more of this author and may well get the next in the series, although I generally don't like books with a hook ending as it's a sneaky way to make you buy more.
on 12 January 2016
This was one of those books that I selected on a whim, it caught my eye on Netgalley – and I’m so glad it did. A Gift of Ghosts is a fun and enjoyable read from start to finish. Being a little under two hundred pages, I absolutely flew through it, and am definitely going to read the next few books in the series.

The story is a simple and enjoyable one. Akria believes in all things scientific – except she can see ghosts and no one else can. When she takes a job on the other side of the country, she finds out her boss, Zane Latimer believes in all kinds of paranormal behaviour. The two of them clash, and with the Latimer family’s tragic past, Akria has to decide whether to flee back to her old life, or embrace the gifts she has always fought to hide away.

Akira is a great character, she’s stubborn, determined and intelligent, but also at times vulnerable and funny. Akira and Zane make for a very interesting pair, and both of them are very likeable. It was easy to immerse myself in the story because the characters felt realistic – despite the paranormal setting.

One thing I absolutely loved about A Gift of Ghosts is the setting – Tassmarra is a fascinating little town in which everyone has a paranormal ability. You can see ghosts? Not a problem. I was particularly intrigued by Maggie’s Diner, the restaurant in which the chef and owner knows exactly what everyone wants to eat.

The story is well paced, and has plenty of interesting plot moments. There’s also some romance elements to the story as well, which aren’t too over the top, but tie in nicely with the story. My one reason for not giving the book five stars is how short the story is. There were so many characters I wanted to get to know more, some of the ghosts and secondary characters are only mentioned a handful of times, and it would be great to get more of their stories. There are several more books in the series though, and I am hoping that these books will give us a little more of a back story – particularly about Zane’s eccentric father and his sisters, as well as some of the other unusual residents of Tassmara.

If you’re looking for a quick, enjoyable read full of mystery and ghostly goings-on, then this is definitely one for you!
on 17 January 2015
What an ace story. Akira is really very special, she sees ghosts and can talk to them. Akira receives a job offer she can't really refuse only to find out that the town is full of people with very special abilities including the family she is working for. The characters in this book grow on you very quickly especially the ghosts that live in Akira`s house. There is also romance in the book between Akira and one of her employers. A good easy read and perfect book to chill out with. Downloaded the rest of this author's books.