on 14 February 2013
Firstly, be aware that the last 9% of the download is the opening chapters of 'Demonsouled'. Be aware, also, that 'The Ghost in the Stone' is riddled with spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors, to say nothing of the ugly expression (used several times) 'did a curtsy'. Since the author asked for comments, I did, after the last book, which was full of the same errors, e-mail him, pointing them out, but clearly he was only interested in flattering observations, because he's neither replied, nor made the effort to have better editing and proof-reading carried out. Pity, because there are some howling errors, such as 'trying to kill both X, and Y and Z'; 'his read rolling to the side' and 'It is hard to turn a profit will frozen in stone'.

Despite the foregoing, this is still an enjoyable series, and Caina is clearly being developed for a major struggle with her inner Moroaica, and probably also for an on-going romance with Corvalis. I'm beginning to wish, however, that she would give a rest to her perpetual harping on about her inability to have children, which, rather like sex in a Mills & Boon novel, appears with monotonous regularity several times within each book - it no longer excites sympathy, merely 'oh, not again!'. I would have liked to have seen a little more of the other members of the team, but it looks as though Caina may be heading off in another direction in future. I sincerely hope that, whatever else happens, the author takes steps to reduce the number of errors, because they've become distracting, and undermine his credibility as a professional writer. Since he ends the book by saying that the next volume, 'The Ghost in the Forge', will appear in the first half of 2012, but I understand that is now likely to be March/April 2013, I can only hope he's using the delay for that improved editing!
on 16 April 2014
I enjoyed all the books and I do enjoy the light read by Jonathan Moeller, but if you can't stand repeating stories in the books I would stay away from this line theme from him.
I do love the main lady but to me he made her, to friget, angry and lonely and I wish he made her something more than what she was set out to do.
on 15 May 2013
Read the first in the series (free on kindle so give it a go) then bought 5 in a row. I like to support authors i like and the model of first one free then not to much for the rest suits my reading habits. Just over £10 for all 6 well worth it.
on 14 June 2013
If you're on book 5 then, like me, you're hooked on this series. Well written, with only a few minor typos to distract your attention, fast paced action. By now you know what you're getting from this author and he doesn't disappoint!
on 31 March 2013
Right from the word go the ghost series has grabbed hold of me and has not let go for a millisecond. It's easy reading style, engaging characters and spellbinding storylines have me enslaved as one of the central character's, Caina's, intended rescues. With her razor sharp intellect, heightened powers of observation, sensitivity to arcane activity and highly trained, ninja like, stealthy combat skills she defies all odds to overcome foes of unimaginably deadly power - not least the ancient Moraica who, since being outwitted and slain by Caina, now tempts her from within Caina's own soul.

Once again I find myself about to order the next book, Ghost in the forge, without delay. Can't wait to get stuck in :) .
on 20 October 2013
I really enjoyed this book and couldn't wait to read the next book. I had picked the first book up as a free download and now will look out other books written by Jonathan Moeller.
on 28 January 2013
Started off with the free Child of the Ghosts then couldn't wait to read the full series. I have really enjoyed them, so please Jonathan, hurry up with your latest Ghost book
on 13 May 2013
i give all the Ghost series a five star. I could not put them down, read every second i could. couldnt wait for the next one in the series . brilliant writing
on 19 October 2013
Odd events in the Empire, send for the ghosts. Complicated one for Caina and her allies to unravel, twists and turns before they discover the true enemy.
on 14 March 2013
I loved the whole Ghost series of books, very enjoyable read. I would highly recommend it. look forward to reading more books by Jonathan Moeller