on 27 January 2018
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 July 2013
I have read from the library most of his book and they are all fab. I have since been able to get hold of two copies in paperback. I wish Bruce would put them all on Kindle I would buy the lot. If your interested in ghosts or in WW2 these are the books for you they are fab.
on 18 July 2016
OK had to replace my first print Ghost Stations, and found reprint was missing some of the original stories.
on 15 December 2016
Great book and has created loads of interest at the RAF station I work at. Thanks
on 9 January 2018
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 April 2017
good book, but later ones are better
on 14 August 2015
I wouldn't know if this product meets my expectations.
IT'S NOT TURNED UP.
on 13 July 2014
excellent item,prompt delivery,many thanks++++
on 3 March 2013
This was the first book written by the author dealing with ghosts on old airfields. I found it to be a cracking good read and very plausibly presented.However, I think he wrote a total of 8 books on airfield ghosts and this one is the only one worth reading. The rest are pure dross in which the author seems to lose the plot completely. Buy this book and ignore the rest. You will save your hard earned money.
on 16 March 2006
There is no doubt that the first book Ghost Stations is the best and still today the absolute authority on RAF ghosts, but though the rest of the series is not up to that level is due to the fact that it’s a hard act to follow, but in any case they are still a great read in themselves. There is no getting away from the fact that a lot of research has been done on these stories, the problem is that Ghost Stations one set such a high standard and is classed, by not just myself, but all I know who have read it as an absolute classic. The author Bruce Barrymore Halpenny is the number 1 authority on military airfields and the ghosts that dwell there, you only need read his airfield and aircraft books to see that the man knows his subject and anyway all the stories do have a military theme in one way or another even if some are thin.
A definite 5 stars for Ghost Stations one and still 5 for the rest, though some of the stories may not be to everyones taste the rest can easily kick ‘em up to 5 in my opinion. It’s all a matter of taste. If you love true stories of the paranormal, ghosts and mysteries, especially of a military nature, then you have to get the whole series, which I think is 8 or 9.