on 16 July 2009
After reading the reviews I excitedly brought this book and joined the forum (thank god it was free or I would have been very upset). As a previous reviewer said, the links don't work or are very very out of date. If anyone is intersted in keyword research this book will adequately explain it, but that's about it.

The 5 star reviews like the links in this book are terribly out of date. Save your money as some of the terms in this book you can easily found if you look them up on the internet yourself with more relevent and up to date information (as SEO is very fast moving). In my experience the forum was deserted and after a few weeks I was very very disappointed and cancelled my free supbscription.

I wish I could say something positive about this book but, here's hoping the next edition is more up to date than this edition.
12 people found this helpful
on 21 December 2013
Well, it did the job for me. Many years ago I bought this, followed the instructions and since then my tutorial website has been at the top of the search engine without me doing anything! So what else than 5 stars can I give, it worked :). £10 a good investment to learn those couple of things needed to be done. I only read to the middle of the book the essentials. Explains quite easy way things so that people with less knowledge can follow.
on 3 May 2011
As an SEO beginner, who just started working for one month, I learned quite a lot from this book. In fact, it's more like a how-to handbook, which you can learn step by step to initiate SEO campaign for your website. And you are able to receive some instant benefit when following its instruction.

However, this book was published in 2008. Let's say since many people have done the instructions, the competition is fierce, and it may require updated method.

Anyway, the book gives a detailed introduction of the main principles of doing SEO, which is really helpful for beginners.
on 5 November 2014
Love this. Arrived on time. NO excessive packaging. Thank You!
on 17 April 2015
Excellent
on 20 August 2014
Best book ever written - make sure its an updated version or will be useless.
on 12 May 2016
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 7 January 2011
Dont buy this book, this is my advice.
"Get to the top on google" is the worst book I have bought about this subject.
I wish I could give 0 stars.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 20 July 2017
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 13 May 2010
I'm not a technical person but the book made me understand the complex methods of getting my website up to the top of Google. Would recommend to read all the way through first and then refresh yourself with the easy steps.