on 3 May 2001
When I first recived this Book, my first impression was very cheaply put together with a typewriter. But looking into it more I found that the style was what I needed, the exercises are plentyful, clear and well set out, I think a must for all those who want to concentrate on learning verbs. contains sections on: Infinitive, all the tenses past, present, future, modal verbs, reflexive, verbs in the Passive voice and much more for around 5 pounds ...Nicht Schlecht....
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 May 2011
Just got this book through the post a few days ago and I can't put it down. It really is the perfect book for beginners. It gives you the important verbs you need to know and a battery of drill exercises to hammer them in. Also very important: it gives you the answer key at the back to allow you to check your answers. A good companion to this book (for beginners) is a school grammar book: German Grammar 11-14 by Oliver Gray and Trevor Stevens. The step above this is: The Key to German Grammar for Key Stages 3 & 4 by Harriette Lanzer.
on 1 April 2011
An essential buy if your learning the German language. A fantastic book for helping to construct sentences. Clearly concise with useful exercises.
on 7 March 2014
I am a sixty year old starter in German language, using one to one tuition from a native speaker.

I needed a book with exercises to reinforce what had been taught in the latest session with my tutor. This book, provided it is used to complement what is being taught, is very helpful.

I did try to overtake my tutor, but this caused an amount of confusion.

No publication is perfect, but I consider this a good purchase. The layout is clear, the exercises are achievable. I would happily purchase other books in this series.
on 17 February 2014
I got a German GCSE 20 years ago and have started German conversation classes at work. I needed something to really drill the verbs back into me and this is great for that. The instructions are clear, the breakdown of different verbs and rules are clear, there are lots of exercises. Does exactly what it says it will.
on 8 September 2012
One of the best ways to overcome the complexities of German grammer is to keep exercising your ability, and this book does just that.
An ideal supplement for a more comprehensive study of German.
on 7 July 2015
Excellent work book - the only downside is the "free online material" seems to no longer be available. There were some other related free materials though, so not a complete loss.
on 28 November 2013
I bought it for my boyfriend as he's learning German and as a German speaker myself i thought it was very good, delivered on time and in good condition
on 11 September 2014
I really have found this book useful and it is a good source of knowledge. I have improved my understanding of German verbs by using it. Thankyou
on 28 November 2016
Good book for practising different verbs in all tenses! I use it for my students and they love it.