on 26 November 2009
I have tried out several language CDs and this is by far the best I have used. I should qualify this by adding that I have not used the much pricier (and therefore in theory more effective) courses such as Pimsleur or the Assimil Method.
What I liked is the way it starts you off with words that are the easiest to remember and not focusing so much on the grammer.
When I finish the course I will post a fuller review.
on 14 January 2009
I am so excited about this product - I think it is a revolutionary way of learning. The book and cds start by showing you all the words in english that are the same in German. Then those with a slight accent or spelling difference. You will be amazed at how much of the vocabulary is the same. So you start the course with an amazing feel good factor in that you know so much already. I am still doing the course but the progression of the course is so easy for me, that I am confident that I will master the language very soon. (This is new for me as I never belived that I could learn languages). I am so confident that I have already bought the Italian and the French Living language packages. Ambitious eh!
on 29 December 2009
After a walking holiday in Austria, I decided to try and learn some German.Because I intend to go back for walking and skiing trips.I chose this product after reading many reviews,but I am not getting on very well with it.The instructors are American,and it seems to be biased towards an American market.Not exactly "have a nice day",but almost.
on 3 July 2012
If you prefer to learn in a parrot fashion way and fast then this product is good for you.

I personally found this book unmethodical and not how it is advertised; first learning the words, then phrases from the words, then sentences. There were too many surprises, unexplained big jumps and gaps in grammatical explaination for me to learn logically.

I would go as far to say that the book confused me.

This is disappointing because the learn Chinese from living language was better, even with the few unexplained jumps in it.

on 3 June 2012
The course is really good, I only have a complaint; The american accent. But its just me I just get a bit annoy by the American accent.