- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
German All-in-One For Dummies: with CD Paperback – 9 Jul 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
5 books in 1
- German For Dummies
- German Audio Set For Dummies
- German Phrases For Dummies
- Intermediate German For Dummies
- German Essentials For Dummies
Companion CD allows for more practice speaking the language
Your all-encompassing guide to speaking, reading, and writingGerman
Guten Tag! German All-in-One For Dummies brings togethercontent from the Dummies German library into one handy guide thatcovers all the bases of the German language. Plus, it includes acompanion CD that allows for even more opportunities to practicespeaking the language. You'll also find additional content ongrammar and usage to empower you to use and speak German like anative. If you want to improve your German, whether for work, travel, or enjoyment, German All-in-One For Dummies has youcovered.
- Talkin' the talk -- get your feet wet with some basicGerman phrases, common greetings, and everyday conversationtopics
- Out and about -- get the know-how to confidently navigatepublic transportation, dine out, find a hotel, and handle anemergency in German-speaking regions of the world
- Get down with grammar -- grasp the various parts of speech, including nouns, adjectives, adverbs, and verbs, unlock themysteries of gender and case, and find out how to constructsentences in German
- Fine-tuning -- understand the difference between theconversational past and the simple (narrative) past; find out howto choose the correct verb form to express yourself in the future;and learn how to use reflexive verbs
Open the book and find:
- Popular German phrases and expressions
- A close-up look at combining nouns and pronouns with verbs
- How to ask and answer questions
- Six modal verbs that help you be polite, ask for help, and talkabout what you do
- The lowdown on how to use tricky two-part verbs
- How to connect shorter ideas with conjunctions to build morecomplex sentences
- Verb tables for conjugating verbs
More than 25 audio tracks to help improve your listeningcomprehension and speaking skills
Please see CD appendix for complete system requirements.
About the Author
Wendy Foster teaches Business English, German, French, and intercultural communication skills. She also does editing for online German education programs. Wendy received her degree in German studies at the Sprachen-und-Dolmetscher-Institut in Munich and later her MA in French at Middlebury College in Paris.Paulina Christensen has been working as a writer, editor, and translator for more than 10 years. She has developed, written, and edited numerous German-language textbooks and teachers' handbooks for Berlitz International. Dr. Christensen recieved her MA and PhD from Dusseldorf University, Germany. Anne Fox has been working as a translator, editor, and writer for more than 12 years. She studied at Interpreter's School, Zurich, Switzerland, and holds a degree in translation. Most recently she has been developing, writing, and editing student textbooks and teacher handbooks for Berlitz.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 28 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?