on 25 April 2015
Very good for brushing up my German. Useful phrases and comments, clearly written.
on 29 July 2016
This is a really great book. Definitely recommend it to anyone hoping to learn german.
on 15 August 2017
Whatever for Dummies is always a good bet. Easy to read and understand
on 23 August 2017
Easy to read but too bulky to carry around.
on 7 January 2015
Sehr Gut! Super value indeed. Useful source and reference for the beginner.
on 22 May 2017
good product, quick delivery,excellent
on 28 July 2017
Very useful book. Everything is good but I haven't tried the cd yet.
on 9 July 2014
I have being trying to learn German for years using various books and CD's but this is the best textbook I have come across. Its is simple to follow and easy to understand. It is organised into sensible sections and uses a very useful method for helping with pronunciation. The CD that accompanies the book is also very good. It gives references to local culture which again is a brilliant idea. It also draws attention to the differences between standard German and Swiss German. It handles grammar in a straight forward way. I have no reservations in recommending this book.
on 7 July 2016
To begin with, I would like to state that I bought this book with zero expectations: the fact that it were titled "German for Dummies" did not much confidence. How wrong I were. Very wrong, indeed.

As the title suggests, it is actually 5 books all in one. Extremely modular with everything from basic things like numbers to more fun subjects like grammar etc. It is really to go backwards and forwards in the book as much of the topics are self contained.

The language used in the book is really to understand - as it should be as the book is written in, more or less, plain English.

Highly recommend and I would buy it again.
on 14 November 2016
I bought this book as I am doing conversational German in night school and they had not recommended any text books. I looked around Amazon and Waterstones and having used Dummies books in the past I plumped for this. My reasons were purely economical; I did not want to spend vast sums of money and I wanted a lot of bangs for my buck and this has 5 books in one. I think this has got it pretty much covered and it has most of what I need; meeting and greeting, numbers, shopping, buying stuff asking for directions and telling someone a little about you and your family and a whole lot more. I am not sure that I need all that this book contains. 5 in 1 makes it a very large book and you really need to think about that; it's difficult to read in bed as it is heavy and you need to think twice about packing it In your rucksack to read on the train. That said, if you plan to study German and you want a bargain look no further than this book.