Customer reviews

on 8 September 2017
Lovely bit of kit to keep nearby. Does what it says. Official.
on 28 June 2017
Good and as described, but a bit larger than I expected.
on 23 July 2015
Solid little product with many uses, although some work better than others. Delivered two days after purchase which is also a plus!
on 21 June 2016
The genuine Gerber Shard is a great little tool but these are fakes. The Philips screw driver is unusable because it's poorly made and shaped, the wire stripper would only be of use if you were stripping heavy gauge because of its rounded shape, unlike the genuine Gerber which has a V shaped stripper with flat ends which are used for slotted screw driving. This would be impossible with this tool as the ends are curved and would not turn a slotted screw head. I really can't believe that Amazon is allowing fake goods to be sold on here or that they are fulfilling fake goods like this. I have requested a return and refund and will seek advice from trading standards as this is happening far to often.
1111 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 August 2016
I bought this on a whim last Black Friday, as I'm a bit of a saddo that likes gadgets and especially tool related gadgets. This came really quickly in simple packaging and was fairly easy to place on my key ring. I will warn you that you need a fairly big key ring to place this on as you have to open the key ring quite wide to get the tool on. Once on its not bad and you hardly notice it apart from the odd dig in the pocket from the nail removing end which is quite sharp. Almost straight away the black got scratched but after 9 months of use its kind of got an all over distressed look about it which is fine by me. I've actually used this on a number of occasions to tighten phillips head screws in various situations and the useful bottle opener also. I've not used the other tools yet but overall its a great tool for Dad's etc. and I would recommend to anyone for their key ring.

It would be extremely helpful to me if you hit the YES button if you liked my review or NO and a comment so I can improve future reviews.
on 19 July 2016
This tool is great for a key chain, it is compact enough that you barely notice it but it's big enough that it functions decently. The main reason I bought this was to use a bottle opener on my key ring, it does a decent job at opening bottles however a proper bottle opener will always be better. The screwdrivers are surprisingly useful and I use them more than I ever thought I would. I never really use the tool as a pry bar or wire stripper but the option is always there if you need it.
One problem I found is that it's not flat, this adds extra bulk to your keys, however it makes prying more effective. it is also very thin, this may seem like a plus however when opening beers it tends to bend the caps off instead of popping them off. The hole for your keyring is also in a bit of an awkward place for your traditional split ring, however I use a wire loop for my keys so it's not a problem
Overall this is a good tool for the price and will fit on your key ring nicely. It's more a jack of all trades, master of none kind of thing as it has a lot of functions but does them not as good as the real tool.
on 23 July 2016
Used it for a few things now its quite handy, only thing I would improve is putting a "cutting" edge on it. Nothing fancy but the problem is this tool isnt great for opening parcels/ getting through tape, it gets a bit messy for that I knocked off a star. But still aides a lazy persons life. The bottle opening thing is ok but I personally find it easier to use the flat screwdriver bit. I open bottles with a spoon, once you learn how its much easier & faster than any bottle opener. Yep, ~I know how that sounds, but its true. Using this to do it the spoon way took a while to get used too but its OK for doing it, just slightly short and could to with a flatter head. Honestly when I bought this I was actually looking for a foldable titanium keychain spoon thing. I couldnt find a decent looking one.

What happened with my life?
on 30 November 2016
This is the sort of thing that as soon as you have it, you will find its utility immediately apparent.

For opening tins or bottles, piercing packing tape, screwing or unscrewing, removing staples or nails from walls, it is just a very handy wee hoodjie, and while it isn't cheap for a very small bit of metal, I suspect it will last a lifetime if you don't lose your keyring.

Given that durability, and that I have found it saved me a trip to grab a screwdriver or other tool about 4 or 5 times in the past week, it is a decent investment in a slightly more efficient life.
on 28 November 2015
NOT genuine Gerber.

I have had Gerber technical support confirm that yes indeed I've wasted my money...
review image
on 7 March 2013
Definitely a hit for a man who has everything....my husband noticed that our son had one of these and decided he couldn't do without one himself...boys and their toys! However, he has actually used it - the screwdriver was used to remove a screw over a light fitting in our kitchen...saving him the 10 step walk to the toolbox in the garage! He is now desperately trying to find another loose screw somewhere in the house........I have my own opinions about where there is someone or something with a screw loose!
44 Comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse