Size: 13 UK Child|Colour: Black (BLACKC9999)|Change

on 20 January 2017
Very disappointed in the quality of these shoes. We have bought both the savage shoes and boots most years, for the last 5 years and my son has worn these as school shoes for the last 5 years. The quality has usually been so good that we have passed them down to my youngest who currently is wearing the savage boots (as a hand me down) and they in great condition.
Unfortunately these, worn for around 8 weeks, have already burst at the seem and the leather is peeling off them. As you can see from the picture of the sole, they are not overly worn - excuse the sand on them (ran along sandy path after school before changing into wellies).
This will be the first time in 5 years that we have outworn GEOX shoes before they are outgrown.
I am awaiting a response from GEOX as Amazon will not deal with a complaint regarding the shoe outwith 28 days post purchase.
review image review image review image review image review image
on 9 September 2015
Geox J Savage are lovely and high quality shoes, but not as generous sizing as expected. The sizing chart is confusing to me. I ordered 11.5 which is EU 30 and the fit is the same as Clarks 11.5 EU 29. Next size up in Geox is 12.5 EU 31, which theoretically would be far too big, but after trying on the size ordered, I think it would be an equivalent of 12 in Clarks. My son has H fit in Clarks, so I wanted to go a half size up in Geox, but it turns out they are, as mentioned above, the same as Clarks in length, but not as wide. They actually narrow down on the front, so I don't expect the purchased size to last long. Once you get a feel of the shoe though, you know better what to order next time. They are lovely quality and are quite deep, whereas Clarks I think are shallower. That depth must feel comfortable and gives better support around the ankles. My son loves them and says they fit, so I'm not going to question the width until he starts to complain. The sole is breathable, covered in multiple holes which is nice, but the sole does collect the dirt more (play dough and other unwanted natural waste). Overall I thing they are great and comfortable, but would think twice about the sizing - don't fully believe the size chart with EU measures, 11.5 Geox is 11.5 you know from Clarks.
on 14 September 2016
I bought these as school shoes for my 6 year old as he had already gone through several pairs. The first pair we received had a problem with the seam, but Amazon swiftly organised a replacement and these have proved to be his best wearing pair of trainers so far.

Positives:
1. They are sturdy with a well reinforced toe - essential for playing football and lots of kneeling on the carpet.
2. They are breathable with the airvents in the sole so feet don't get too sweaty - I was initially worried when I saw these thinking they would never stand up against the frequent puddles encountered on the school run, but we haven't had any wet feet yet.
3. They look smart and easily pass as school shoes.
4. They are comfortable whilst being supportive.
5. They clean up well.

Negatives
Can't really think of any. We had a problem as mentioned above with the first pair (hense 4 stars instead of 5) but the replacement shoes have been fine.

Overall an ideal pair of school shoes for an active boy.
on 19 December 2016
These shoes looked amazing when they arrived. Sturdy, with a decent grip and had my child excited. 2 month later the stitching as come apart from the sides and water is coming through the sole.

The shoes have ventilation holes in the sole which lets water in. The leather insole gets moldy because of the water. A perfectly good shoe with a bad design choice for the ventilation holes. Not suited for British Weather.

Update:
I had to resort to gluing the holes that are on the soles. This has stopped water getting inside.
on 1 February 2017
My son gets through alot of school shoes, I don't know if it's the surface of his school playground or how he plays. Basically he'd wear a brand new pair and when he came home, they'd be scuffed. EVERY TIME. I had a pair that actually tore through after 2 days. I've tried all brands of no scuff shoes (the asda George ones are excellent for my daughter and I always buy them, but not for my son). Also alot of rubber fronted shoes. I searched reviews and parenting threads and found the name geox. At this price they were the most expensive shoes I've bought him but guess what? They have lasted for a few weeks WITHOUT scuffing. They are quite hard but that's to be expected, and his socks are very damp by the end of the day, so not as breathable as others.
on 2 September 2016
These are great for boys that need new school shoes just about every week. They're super ugly if you ask me *Husband has a different opinion though.. But they last! These we're the first pair of shoes my boy complaint about and said they we're hurting his feet luckily after 2 days the complaining was over. They're not easy to put on for him and the fabric isn't soft either which most likely caused his hurting feet. So he needs help putting them on when we are in a hurry. All in all a good buy for school!
on 4 March 2017
The Geox Savage trainers are pretty much the only shoes we have found to last my son a school term! I am not really sure what he does in them, but these are very hard wearing!
Compared with many other brands (both cheap and expensive) where they typically lasted a 6 week 1/2 term!

It's worth paying the slightly higher premium for these over other premium school shoes for the longer life in my opinion, as it worked out cheaper for us.
on 1 February 2017
Seriously THE best school shoe we've ever bought for our son. He is an active 8 years old and has previously worn down every school shoe within two terms. He often rides his scooter to school, plays football at break time and runs around in mud and water, these shoes copes with all of that. The rubber toe cap protects the shoe from getting scuffed and looking bad, the velcro is really good and the leather insole stays in place and keeps his feet comfortable, they never smell bad either!
on 17 March 2017
Buy them every year for my boys in primary school.
They are not really nice looking - BUT the rubber sole going up the front of the shoe is a brilliant feature: it survives many ball kicking, scooter ridding , tree climbing etc! A bit expensive but as sturdy shoes you don't need to change them that often, so you cover your costs.
on 29 January 2017
I love these shoes. This is my second pair of Geox and they seem to be really hardy shoes, well, especially this type (as haven't tried the others), my son use to go through shoes like anything, so it's so nice to have a pair that last longer than half a term/term! He actually now grows out of the shoes rather than the other way round.