The Geology of Fluvial Deposits: Sedimentary Facies, Basin Analysis, and Petroleum Geology Paperback – 16 Dec 2010
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Geology of Fluvial Deposits represents the first published synthesis of research on the sedimentary geology of fluvial deposits. It sets out in detail the methods for the field and subsurface study of these sediments, and provides geologists with detailed descriptions of the building blocks of fluvial stratigraphic units, from lithofacies through architectural elements and depositional systems to large-scale stratigraphic sequences and basin-fill complexes. This book also examines at length autogenic sedimentary controls and discusses the tectonic and climatic controls of fluvial sedimentation and the effects of base level change on sequence architecture. The book contains a new classification of oil and gas fields in fluvial reservoirs, with descriptions of selected case examples. Profusely illustrated and with an extensive reference to the recent literature this textbook will be welcomed by the student and professional geologist alike.
"...it acts as a splendid source of research material and problems, because not much has missed Andrew Mialls eagle eye." Jnl of Sedimentary Research
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Gardening > Professional Horticulture > Soil Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Mineralogy
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geology > Economic Geology
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Rocks, Minerals & Fossils
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Chemistry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Geology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies