Geographic Information Systems for Transportation: Principles and Applications (Spatial Information Systems) Hardcover – 22 Nov 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the preface on I found this book to be an informative and very worthwhile read. . . In particular, the authors have done an excellent job of not only portraying but also linking to common beginnings the breadth of applications to which GIS-T is now being put. . . A strength of the book is its coverage of this past work and the authors' ability to place this work in useful context. . . A pleasing aspect of the book is the way the authors have managed to relate specific topics in the earlier chapters on principles to these same topics within the last four applications chapters. . .Given its coverage, the book should also encourage new insights among those of us already immersed in GIS-T in one arena or another, as well provide as an excellent reference to a great deal of past work. Finally, Oxford University Press has done a good job on the production of the book, including presentation of the many equations and figures distributed throughout the text. (Journal of Regional Science)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Transport
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Cartography, Geodesy & Geographic Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences