Geochemistry, Groundwater and Pollution, Second Edition Paperback – 15 Apr 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"An extremely handy reference book ...a source of inspiration for the study, simulation and prediction of groundwater quality..."
P. Stuyfzand and B van Breukelen, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
"Highly informative and comprehensive. It is detailed, but easy to read. The authors provide wide ranging examples of environmental case studies and demonstrate their broad knowledge of the field. I highly recommend this book as the primary textbook for groundwater geochemistry classes and as at least a supplemental text for general environmental geochemistry courses..."
Sabine Goldberg, USDA-ARS in Vadose Zone Journal, published on line 8 March 2006.
"..A realistically priced title for students and graduates wanting to extend their knowledge of groundwater chemistry and soil-water-chemistry. There are practical examples and models illustrated to ensure a better understanding of the application of theory to real life situations..."
Australian Water Association Journal
About the Author
Dr Tony Appelo is a consultant based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Dr Dieke Postma teaches at the Danish Technical University in Lyngby, Denmark.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Thorough in all geochemistry topics
Lots of graphs
Citations of many relevant research papers
Very difficult to read (rarely defines chemistry jargon, does not start topics broadly and then get more complex, it is just complex)
Difficult to find what you need (index, chapters, and subchapters are very poorly labeled and organized)
When it finally arrived, the very first time I opened it, the pages came loose from the binding. The binding appears to be very poor quality, which is a surprise for such an expensive textbook.
I would like to return this book because it will not stand up to wear.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Science & Religion
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Geochemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Geology