on 28 November 2015
As you would expect it works perfectly and it's good having a removal USB cable so you can plug your phone in to a PC or laptop to charge if you need to. However, the plug body is much bigger than an HTC charger I have which does exactly the same job. The HTC charger also has a retractable earth pin making it smaller still so I use the Motorola at home and take the much smaller HTC one with me when travelling. Hence the 4* rating losing a star for it's size.
on 22 October 2015
I couldn't get my head round the USB charger thing...why does everyone assume that we have a laptop, a tablet, a printer etc,, and that we're all online and USB'd-up? I just wanted to plug my phone in to charge it...via a method that seems to have stood the test of time. Usual rubbish trading-standards-wise that doesn't seem to get policed anymore...this is a blackberry charger unit. Doesn't bother me as such, but quit the 'genuine' stuff over there in whatever province ending in ming or wang that you trade from...
on 30 June 2014
Excellent quality, original product and complements the Moto G perfectly. I would strongly advise against buying a cheap generic adapter, it's risky and potentially dangerous. Be wise and spend your money on this.
on 13 March 2015
I have resisted not buying a wall charger for my Moto G2 phone and use the USB cable supplied with the phone but in the end I had to buy it. USB cable is not practical for charging the phone; Not many wall outlets have USB connection. Wall charger is fairly faster than the USB cable connected to my computer and what's more important, it is more practical. Three pin wall outlets are every where.
on 18 September 2014
As Motorola don't include a mains charger, only USB but takes forever from a computer, so purchased this genuine Motorola mains/micro USB for £10 although I could have purchased the same unit from other suppliers for £2-3 thought it best to buy a none product as I have heard of over heating and fire issues. This product is made to a very high standard and I use it with total confidence, and it charges very quickly.
on 20 August 2014
Just tried the charger for the first time and noticed it does get quite warm after a short time. I have another mains charger for my Moto G which does not get warm though it has a higher charging current.

Just a thought.

Update: The charger seemed to get quite warm the first time it was used but since then it has been quite cool. A further benefit with the USB socket over a fixed cable is that it can be used to charge other items that use 5 volt USB ports to charge. I have just used it to charge my sat nav which did not come with a mains charger and was taking a long time to charge.

I guess now I should change from 3 stars to 5 stars.

Thanks.
on 7 November 2015
Is this a fake counterfiet product???, logo printed upside down, if it is a fake its made in the right place ( china ) land of good fakes, also comes with a blackberry lead, not as described very doggy looking main unit, aviod at all costs, i am reporting this product to amazon, also if i have any trouble with my refund il simply offer to send it to tranding standards/consumer direct, who have far more power than amazon or myself.
on 16 October 2015
It's a Motorola charger.
For Motorola phones.
It charges your phone.
It does this reasonably quickly and it doesn't get hot.
It is priced entirely reasonably for a genuine branded product.
What more can I say?
on 31 August 2016
Worked fine for about a year. Then it's performance was quite patchy, sometimes charging just fine and sometimes doing nothing at all. After another month or so it stopped working all together.
on 9 May 2014
Have had this little charger for a while now for my Moto G and it does the job well. Excellent price.
UPDATE: I have had this charger for over two years now and it is still as good as the day I first used it. Great product at a great price.