on 28 June 2017
what a great jacket.
on 8 January 2016
Good condition' needs to be treated with some kind of waterproofing though
on 21 June 2017
Sleeves slightly short. Some seam tape coming adrift. Will retape and it will then be A1.
on 5 February 2014
Great coat good quality and waterproof. Overall it's a good fit i am 5'10 and 12 stone but arms are a little short. Would buy again but possibly next size up. Hood is large and 2 medium pockets, good coat for the price........UPDATE still luv this coat but it's not waterproof. Might try some spray on it to see if that helps
on 9 November 2013
I'm unconvinced that the price of new Gore Tex jackets is worth paying and haven't replaced my old one with like for like. That said, at this price, this ex-German military GoreTex is worth paying for. It's in very good condition. I use it for walking my Retriever for at least two hours a day on the adjacent farmland. It's already been subjected to several downpours of rain and hailstone and kept me completely dry. It's fabric is tough against the hedges etc. and the hood is generous (unlike another new main brand jacket that I've recently purchased). I also now intend to use it for fell-walking and backpacking next year, as it will fold up nicely for storage.

The only warning is with regards to sizing. I'm a 44 inch chest/34inch waist and ordered an XL, having followed the sizing chart. It was far too large! However, the supplier readily replaced it with the 'Medium' size that I subsequently requested. This is a good fit, with still room for a polo neck, rugby shirt and thick fleece underneath!
on 28 February 2014
I needed a cam jacket in Goretex for bird photography. It needed to be a size too large to allow heavy fleece or down jacket underneath. I had to return the medium for a large, and this was no problem for the supplier. Interesting that their med was in fact marked 'Klein' in German = small. Large is generous and comfortable in size for me - 165 cms and 102 cms chest. The jacket is advertised as used - and as expected where a rucksack will have been worn over it - the shoulder and underarm Goretex seaming tape has been replaced - and it has been well done. A bonus as I expected to do this for myself. The hood is large - as one would reasonably expect when a military helmet may be worn underneath it - so OK for a mountain bike helmet or climbing helmet- both good for me. The Goretex is heavy duty. I have not proofed it at all and it is entirely weatherproof and I've been out in bad conditions recently. The Flektarn is a pleasant small pattern cam and meets my needs for stalking birds with the camera. Studs and zip as good as the day it was made. No tears. No repairs. Just incredibly worthwhile at the price. 5 stars- no problems.
on 7 May 2014
I purchased this jacket approx 2 months ago , and apart from the zip halves being different sizes i gave it a v. good rating as the jacket appeared new . Appearing new i presumed it to be waterproof , until i tried it in the rain recently . It certainly is not waterproof , as after a short time doing some fieldwork [ not hard work ] the jacket started letting the rain in . Not just in the shoulders and the hood , but throughout the jacket . It was not driving rain . It was not perspiration . Dark patches appeared inside the material and my inner garments started getting wet . Overall a great disappointment and unfit for purpose . I now have to purchase [ at further expense to me ] a fit for purpose waterproofing agent . An expensive lesson , which i hope will be of assistance to potential purchasers .
33 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2013
Have a daughter in the army. She has always commented on the rubbish our army is issued. This Jacket is QUALITY. Hard to believe its x issue! Tested today whilst unblocking my sewer in our loverly British weather.I was dry and warm & am convinced it will do the business when fishing & hunting.
on 21 February 2013
Prompt delivery, as new condition, good fit. Nice and quiet too. What more could you want? Oh yes, a lot cheaper than certain other well known brands.
Caution recommended regarding Amazon's suggested sizing however. XXL is not 46" it's 56"!
on 13 February 2013
this jacket might be ex german army but its in as new condition,great price,light,folds up really small,,its a great buy. i,m 6 foot 17 stone and got xxl and theres plenty of room in it.wore it in rain heavy did,nt get wet. really pleased with it.

See one answered question