- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
A Gentlewoman in Upper Canada: The Journals, Letters, and Art of Anne Langton Hardcover – 30 Dec 2007
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a beautifully edited account of life in the Sturgeon Lake region of Ontario in the min 19th century. Langton had a lot of the same trials as the early American settlers but, coming from an industrialized world, her take on things reads in a more contemporary vein. And - a bonus - she writes with s shy wit not unlike a latter day Jane Austen. Her paintings are not brilliant but they do show how a woman of her time looked at the wilderness.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com