- Actors: Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russell, Charles Coburn
- Directors: Howard Hawks
- Format: PAL, Full Screen, Colour, Subtitled, HiFi Sound
- Language: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Subtitles: English, German, Croatian, Czech, Danish
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: U
- Studio: Twentieth Century Fox
- DVD Release Date: 22 May 2006
- Run Time: 89 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (55 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B0007RUSJE
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 25,680 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes [DVD] 
|Additional DVD options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
1950s musical comedy starring Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell. Accompanied by her stage partner and best friend, Dorothy Shaw (Russell), showgirl Lorelei Lee (Monroe) sets sail for Paris, where she plans to meet up with and marry her wealthy beau, Gus Esmond Jr. (Tommy Noonan). However, Lorelei's love of diamonds threatens to get both girls into a jam as Ernie Malone (Elliott Reid), the private detective hired by Mr Esmund Sr. (Taylor Holmes) to keep a close eye on his son's bride-to-be, joins them on the ship.
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Anita Loos' old story from the 1920s about a pair of single women in search of husbands, gets a makeover in Howard Hawks' 1953 musical. The remake stars Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe as two friends who go to Paris looking for mates. The film is charged by Hawks's stylish snap, a famous set piece or two (Monroe descending that staircase while singing "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend"), Russell's wit and songs by Leo Robin and Jule Styne. The film may largely be a fluff project best remembered as a showcase for its leading actresses, but then Monroe and Russell rarely got such extended opportunities to prove that they were more than cinematic icons.--Tom Keogh, Amazon.com --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
I bought it from MusicMagpie and really appreciate the quality they sent it in
a film with some great sound tracks, especially Monroe doing 'Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend'
always an outright winner. Thoroughly enjoyable,
I wish that the film makers of today would take note
on how to produce a good film, without gratuitous violence and swearing.
With such icon songs as a "Diamond is a girls best friend," often copied but never equaled .
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Funny, hilarious,great music, and great actresse! I loved it!Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer